Thursday, March 31, 2005

"Think of me what you will...

...I've got a little space to fill" ---Tom Petty
I have that song stuck in my head, for some reason.

Today was productive and satisfying. I sprayed, trimmed, packaged and billed the 20 8x10's, met with a guy trying to sell me some advertising in a phone book, set up the studio (aka my living room) and had a Headshot session(went splendidly), straightened the house, met Melissa and Savannah for coffee at the bookstore, dropped off the 20 8x10's and stayed to watch Austin's martial arts lessons. Made a couple of decent potential business connections, too.

For some reason (purely chemical, I'm sure), I was feeling a bit down after martial arts and headed on home--via Sonic. I downloaded, cropped and retouched the 43 images I shot at today's session and felt a lot better for getting it done. I find image retouching to be very therapeutic. That's good considering the line of work that I'm in ;0).

I was so proud of my dog today. When the ad guy was at my house, Elvis continually but unobtrusively (the ad guy never even noticed, but I did) interposed himself between "phone book man" and myself every time the guy leaned towards me to point out something in the paperwork. He is so wonderfully protective of his "momma". Good dog :0).

I've had a response from my sports marketing!!!! I have to send the guy a full-fledged marketing package tomorrow. "Something tells me I'm into something good"--Herman's Hermits.
No, I don't know why I have all of these songs in my head tonight.

Spoke to my friend "Nellie" today (you like that, J?) It was good talking to her. We are trying to schedule a time to get together over tea (wine?) with Melissa and re-live our fabulous journey to England.
I can't believe it's been 4 years, now, since J, M and T's Big British adventure. Where HAS the time gone??

Tomorrow is a marketing day. I shall hit the streets and get the word out about my products and services. Gotta get the word out.
There're also bills to pay, clothes to wash, proofs to be delivered, etc., etc.

I hope I sleep tonight. Last night found me tossing and turning. Probably a chemical thing. As Kim from the Upward Call blog so aptly put it " I wish my physiology would leave my psychology alone!". That pretty much says it all, doesn't it?

Alright, I'm headed off to Sleepytown. Nighty-night, all!

2 comments:

melissa said...

"J, M, And T's Big British Adventure"!
Ahhhh.the memories...(sniff, sniff). 4 Years??? I think we should begin planning another.
Hope your marketing goes well.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad I am not the only one who has little songs in there head some days.
Thomasina, I really like the pics you take and enjoy reading you three girls blogs.
Aunt Dolores