Saturday, April 02, 2005

St. Lucia, here I come!!! :0)

I tried to publish this twice yesterday, with no success. Giving it another try today!

I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just officially booked a wedding photography job in the Caribbean for June!!!!! All expenses paid for me and my assistant!! Can you believe it?????And I get to stay on for a few days after the wedding to enjoy a mini tropical vacation! YES!

I had met with these people twice before and they seemed very positive about booking me for the job. However, I hadn't heard from them in a couple of months. They came over for another consultation today, this time bringing the Father of the Bride, too (the man with the check book!)
The Bride-to-be had explained to me over the phone yesterday that she and her mother really wanted to hire me, but that "Dad" needed some more convincing that I was worth the price. Naturally, I didn't sleep much last night and woke up with a splitting headache early this morning (probably from worry!). Grabbed a quick breakfast and then scurried around and got the house clean and prepared to put on the best presentation of my career, to date.
I REALLY wanted this job!!
The consultation went beautifully. I gave the usual routine about my experience and techniques and top notch equipment, etc. They perused example albums and then I played a Storybook Slideshow DVD for them. I was as friendly and as charming as I know how to be. AND IT WORKED!! I GOT IT!!

Thank the Lord. It could so easily have gone the other way. I could've stuck my foot in my mouth or the DVD could've malfunctioned (that has happened before!). But it all went smoothly. Thank God for that!

The pictures will be awesome: on the beach, blue sky, white sand, turquoise water, cute bride and handsome groom all dressed to kill... how can they NOT be awesome?!

Alright, I've got to run because my friend is taking me out for a celebration dinner at a fancy-schmancy fine dining joint across town. I've got to find something to wear!!

Catch you later! :0)

2 comments:

Dy said...

WOW!! Aside from a tinge of envy, I am SOOO excited for you! Not just a job, but a vacation, and some great portfolio shots!! WOOHOO!

YOU ROCK!
Dy

Emily said...

YOU DOG!! I have more than a "tinge" of envy, as I survey my pastey white body in desperate need for a glimpse of sunlight. :)Congratulations! I know yo have been looking forward to this.