Thursday, March 10, 2005

KIDS!

This morning, after coffee and toast, I took a quick run with Elvis around the farm and saw all of the new little calves teetering about the fields. When I returned to the house, Em and the boys were there. It's so good to see the little critters (and Em,too, heh-heh).

Q had just experienced his first trip to the dentist and according to eyewitness accounts, had behaved like quite the big boy. We played for a while and then ordered some take-out subs for lunch. While waiting on lunch, I colored my hair and took a shower. I think I like the new hair. I think.

After lunch me and Q went outside and dug up worms and ran around. It was fun. He's so adorable. W wouldn't walk for me, but he came close! That little guy is really something else--he does things on his own schedule and is not about to be coaxed or pushed into anything. He definitely lets you know his opinion on matters. And is SO cute.

I packed up my vehicle(to the gills, actually) and hit the road. After a seemingly endless journey, I arrived at the house, off-loaded Elvis and emptied my car. Then it was off to the movie store to pick up Mel's kids( she was meeting me there). I stopped on the way and picked up sundae fixin's and sundry kid foods. At the movie store, we rented a DVD and then stopped at Bill's house on the way home to pick up my TV and DVD player.

When Jack opened up the back hatch of the car to get his stuff, the TV fell out onto the gravel in the driveway, glass-side-down. How it did not break is anyone's guess.

The rest of the evening consisted of ice cream, junk foods, full length animated features, and hilariously loud bodily functions. A good time had by all.

And now it's time to wind them down and tuck them in and try to get some sleep.
We've got a busy day of hiking and picnicking (how do you spell that?) tomorrow.

CHOW!

No comments: