Wednesday, March 30, 2005

A good, full day (boring blog alert!!)

This blog is from yesterday night.

A good, full day.

20 8x10's printed (quite beautifully, I might add), sports team marketing letter composed and ready to be sent, arranged to hang some framed enlargements in the Bistro (EXCELLENT marketing opportunity!), purchased a few necessary items at the Dollar store (business stuff,actually), 30 minute run w/Elvis, weight workout and swimming at the Y, a handful of phone calls (personal and business), miscellaneous errands run and the usual housework. Also, I recieved something today, for free, that I was expecting to pay about $90. to obtain. Thank you, Lord!

Elvis is chewing contentedly on an enornmous rawhide. I have been sorting through images, trying to decide what to enlarge and frame for the Bistro display.
There are so many things that I'm working on right now, I sometimes feel overwhelmed. I'm marketing in so many directions: sports, martial arts, model portfolios, schools, headshots, weddings, seniors, fine art portraits...the list goes on. I suppose this is my refining period.
I have to go in any direction in which money might be made. Eventually, I would love to be able to narrow things down and specialize in just 2 or 3 areas.

I haven't heard back from the BBBS organization, yet. I'm kind of excited to get things rolling there.

As I was walking into my office earlier, with a plate of food in one hand, a drink in the other and my .45 tucked under my arm (yes, I carry it from room to room with me), I tripped over the leg of a tripod and landed quite ungracefully in a heap. It was one of those slow-mo falls when you keep thinking "I've got it.. no, I'm not going to fall all the way down, I've got it, I can still catch myself..". And then you're on the floor all bruised. I did manage to hang on to everything in my hands, though. Unfortunately my drink spilled onto one of my gorgeous example 20x24 bridal portraits. The bride now has a big drip mark on her gown. Oh well. That'll teach me not ot leave things in the walkway. I'm sure this nasty bruise on my abdomen isin't serious! LOL!

I'm heading off to bed now. I have many things to accomplish on the 'morrow.

Chow!

2 comments:

Dy said...

OK, so is it .45 ACP or .45 Colt?

I do enjoy your blog, Thom. You're doing such neat things, and tackling new projects with flair- it's fun to be able to peek in and see how it's going. In an ideal situation, what areas would you like to specialize in?

Dy

Thom said...

Glock Auto. It's really a little large for my hand, but it was SUCH a good buy and I've become attached to it ;0)


Fine art portraiture would be my first choice. Having the opportunity to create art for folks which features their loved ones as the subject matter is quite cool. When someone is brought to tears by a portrait that I had a hand in making, it makes my job feel really worth the effort.I SO dig that!

Thanks for asking and thanks for reading my blogs. :0)