Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Art lesson,snake hunting and other fun kid stuff

It was 74, sunny and breezy today. Has Spring finally sprung?

I composed and sent a number of business emails today and cropped and retouched a handful of images. I also did some business related research and made a few calls. Cleaned house and hung some more pictures in the gallery (living room). It was a fairly productive day.

Savannah came over for her art lesson in the afternoon. We worked on a sketch of a dragon's head almost the entire time. It was enjoyable for both of us and she did a very nice job. Later, we went out for a long walk with Elvis. I took her home and enjoyed pizza with Melissa.

When Mel took Austin to baseball practice (after his two hours of martial arts training--that kid is amazing!), I stayed with the other two. We drew pictures and watched cartoons. I spent about an hour with Jack in the basement searching for his escaped brown snake. No success there, but we made a good effort. I was able to staunch the flow of his tears by convincing him that his little buddy was probably safely back out in the yard OR could live quite happily off of ladybugs if he was still hiding somewhere in the basement. That seemed to do the trick. He's such a sweet kid.
We also shined flashlights in our mouths while poofing out our cheeks (if you've never tried this you just don't know what you're missing, folks) and tried to feed ladybugs to Austin's pet lizard (Gandalf). Fun stuff.
Anyhoo, that was pretty much the day.

By the way, my Red Clam sauce was a smashing success. Turns out, it's a very simple recipe.
I am planning to recreate and bottle it for a belated b-day present for Race. If I can remember to write it down, I shall share it here.

Goodnight, folks.

1 comment:

Dy said...

OK, I opened the page last night (around two this morning-ish) to show Zorak your great photos, and you'd BLOGGED! In the MIDDLE of the night! How do you have the energy, woman?? *bowing in awe to the queen of energy*

So, waiting for the red clam sauce recipe... (patiently, that is.) *grin* Glad it turned out great!

Dy