Monday, March 21, 2005

Catchin up

Man, I didn't realize it'd been so long since I last blogged.

Well, Friday morning I was awakened by the phone ringing. It was my friend T calling. She was upset because of a family problem and because she wasn't going to be able to come and stay the night with me. I felt very bad for her. We talked for almost 2 hours.
I didn't accomplish as much as I'd planned today because of PPW (pre-period weakness).

A quick word on PPW.
What the heck is it, why do so many women have it and why the heck am I the only person who has recognized and named it?

Anyway, I did manage to do some pretty serious scrubbing in my kitchen and bathroom and haul more trash and wash bedclothes. I also booked a wedding consultation for the next day and located my quote in the newspaper.

T called back later and said that she probably WOULD be coming, after all. I was glad I had cleaned the house :o)
Bill picked me up that evening and we went for a bite at the Bistro. Yum.
T called again and this time was SURE she wasn't going to be able to come. That was a bummer.

On Saturday, I got up fairly early, did a bit of preparation for my consultation and then laid back down fo a while (PPW). Before the folks arrived I made some coffee and made sure everything in the house was squared away. The consultation went well and I'm hopeful that I will book their wedding for May. That would be VERY good!

The remainder of the afternoon was spent working on various photo matters. Around 5:30 I picked up Bill and we went to Austin's Baseball practice. A did spledidly! He has a good coach this year. It was also good to see Race. He looked well.
I did get some really crummy news, though. The baseball league photography job I've been gunning hard for has been handed to someone else. That was very disappointing. The good ole boy system really sucks if you're NOT a good ole boy.

A friend and I grabbed some supper and rented a movie and watched it (well, he only watched part of it--he was snoring on my futon after 10 minutes). I haven't watched a scary movie since I don't know when, but this one (The Grudge) had been recommended to me as not gory and very suspenseful and just spooky. It was VERY creepy. I'll admit, I had a hard time falling asleep after watching it. I was particularly glad to have Elvis to snuggle up with that night!! :o)

I got up early Sunday and headed out to breakfast with Race, Mel and the young'uns (that sounds like a really weird name for a band: "and now, ladies and germs, I'm proud to present for your listening pleasure the musical sensation that is 'Race, Mel and the Young'uns'! Give 'em a hand, folks" ) It was good to see everybody. I had barely seen the kids in a week!

There was a digital seminar at my photo lab that I was planning to attend on Sunday afternoon. I ended up not going for a number of reasons:

*I couldn't get in touch with the guy to confirm the driving directions
*they hold the seminar once EVERY month
*my wedding photo assistant will be in town next month and I would like for him to attend with me
*it was an INCREDIBLY beautiful day outside
*poor Elvis hadn't been out for a run in a couple of days

As you can see, the choice was clear (as you can also see, I'm still trying to justify the decision not to go!).

I grabbed a bite and headed into the mountains with Elvis. It was a great afternoon! We hiked on the Parkway trails for hours (I'm very pleased with the fact that I'm NOT sore today--the Y workouts are paying off!) and drove around on winding gravel roads with breathtaking scenery. Sometimes it's just awesome to take my camera and shoot for the sheer joy of capturing images--no pay involved. It's very refreshing.

Elvis and I were both just plain worn out by the time we made it home. It was just lovely.

2 comments:

melissa said...

Oh yeah, this blog is taking a turn. PPW!!! BWAHAHAH!!
That is SOooo cool about the dinosaurs! I remember you always wanting to hoard those brochures! What a funny thing.

Emily said...

PPW!!! TOO TOO FUNNY!

I am so jealous that you get to spend so much time with the kids! We miss them so much and just love it when they come to visit but never feel like we get to spend enough time with them!