Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Another coupla' days

Tuesday consisted mainly of website rejuvenation sprinkled with a bit of house cleaning. All day long I sat in front of the computer and scanned and retouched and cropped and uploaded images and added new info to my website. The only time I left the house was to meet Mel out to the Eckerd to return her notebook(computer, which she graciously allowed me to use for the bridal show). At the time, I was flying high on caffeine from a seemingly innocent cup of Green tea I'd consumed earlier. Who knew it was SO fully loaded?

Today I cleaned house, printed and framed pictures for my living room walls/studio gallery, researched and updated some of my package pricing, solved (another) printer problem, spilled my drink all over my desk(2nd time in a week--at least I missed the keyboard this time!) and did some further website work. I also am pretty confident that I have booked another wedding--direct result of Sunday's show. THAT is very good news. THAT is money.
I also made the batter for the blueberry wheat muffins which I will bake tomorrow morning for breakfast. I'm putting a lemon cream cheese filling into the center of each muffin.
That's what I'm talkin about(N.P.).

I talked with my friend T tonight. It's up in the air as to whether she will be coming to visit this weekend. She's got babysitter woes. We had a nice conversation, though.

Tomorrow, I have a bunch of printing to do and more house cleaning as well. If I get the printing all finished, I may go ahead and start painting my bathroom. I may go to A's baseball practice tomorrow evening and do some marketing. His coach is head of the Board, which will hire the league's photographer. I've got to start making nice and all.

I also need to get to the Y. I didn't go today and feel like a giant slug as a result. Bleh.

I have a request for anyone reading this blog. I would sure appreciate an opinion of my newly renovated website. What d'ya think, too Las Vegas billboardish? Too, tuh-DAH! Let me know if you have time to check it out. The link's over to the right and down a little. THANKS!

OH! Funny story from the bridal show I forgot to share:
The show was pretty upscale with lots of tasty goodies from caterers and chocolate shops and colorful, fresh floral arrangements scattered about the elegant ball room. Well dressed young brides-to-be and fluted glasses of sparkling cider made for a very charming atmosphere.
There was, however, one stand-out in the crowd. A large, loud, slovenly dressed young(ish) woman who, along with her entourage of sullen, slovenly groupies, was making multiple trips around the room, cleaning out all of the complimentary samples at the caterers booths. All of the vendors were, of course, extremely polite and courteous, but there was a barely perceptible cringe as the group approached each new target.

A moment, please, to better describe the woman in question:
6' 2", 250lbs. a truly disconcerting amount of facial hair and dressed in a way that can best be described as "I just don't give a crap, anymore" (as if the facial hair were not proclaiming that loudly enough already). Loud, proud and out to kick some ass at the bridal show, was her general demeanor. Maybe she has a heart of gold (under all that chest hair), I don't know, who am I to judge? I'm just relating what I saw, folks.

As a door prize, I provided a gift certificate for a free portrait session to be given away to some lucky bride. Well, guess which lucky bride won it? You guessed it. The I Don't Give a Crap lady. That's right, she's a blushing bride-to-be. What are the odds? GEEZ! I had to laugh at the pitying, sidelong glances I was receiving from my fellow vendors. They all felt my pain. Funny stuff! The lesson learned from that story might be that there truly is someone for everyone!

Anyhoo. I guess I oughta think about catching some z's.

Night,folks.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny bridal show story. YOU'RE WEBSITE IS ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!Anyone who looks at that site couldn't help but want you for their photography needs. I know I'm probably a little prejudiced because I'm your Mom, but I'm not blind to fabulous work either. Those blueberry muffins sure sound good. Eat one for me and then head for the Y. Love Mom

Anonymous said...

Funny bridal show story. YOU'RE WEBSITE IS ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!Anyone who looks at that site couldn't help but want you for their photography needs. I know I'm probably a little prejudiced because I'm your Mom, but I'm not blind to fabulous work either. Those blueberry muffins sure sound good. Eat one for me and then head for the Y. Love Mom

Anonymous said...

I HAVE NO IDEA HOW I DID THAT!!!Mom

melissa said...

Hey, if anyone can make the "Don't give a crap" lady, look like she "gave a crap".........It's you.There-now, doesn't that make you feel better?