Thursday, March 10, 2005

What a day

I am tired. But it's a good tired.

Last night was a late one. Between the whining (dog), snoring (dog and kids), and mice (a whole herd, from the sound of it) I didn't get much shut eye last night. At one point all 3 kids and Elvis were all piled on my little bed, all rolling around and snorting and laughing. It was fun, though!

About 6AM I was awakened by Elvis panting. This is always a bad sign, so I swung my bare feet out of bed and onto the floor and...SQUISH. Apparently the earplugs which I was wearing to block out the snoring had also blocked out Elvis' whining pleas to be let outside. Evidence of that was in various piles about the house.Yuck. Poor E'd had a bad night ,too.

I put Elvis on his chain and cleaned up the messes and tried unsuccessfully to get a bit more sleep. Eventually I got up and AT and SR followed soon after. JL was stirring around.

I fixed Mexican omelets (universal kid favorite) and venison sausage (mmm) for breakfast.
I knew there was trouble brewing when JL wasn't interested in breakfast. I let him stay in bed and watch a movie and he eventually drifted back off to sleep. When he woke back up and got dressed he definitely was not feeling well. I ran out and got some medicine and decided our hike in the National Forest would have to be postponed for another day. None of us were very happy about that.

SR and I did an art lesson and AT researched baseball cards online while poor JL lay prostrate on the futon. Mel arrived soon after(looking quite smashing, I might add, in her new pointy-toed shoes) and whisked them home.

After inadvertently locking my keys in my house (duh), I belatedly picked up SR and AT later that afternoon to take them to their ballet and karate lessons. After ballet SR and her friend and her friend's Mom and myself all headed to the Bistro for a bite. It was very enjoyable.

SR and I then picked up AT from karate and headed back to their house, by way of Taco Bell (AT is always famished after Ju-jitsu). I spent an hour or so chatting with Mel about this and that--just fun gal stuff. JL was feeling a bit better. Then I headed home for the night.
It was a good day. I love those kids so much.

Also accomplished today:
*returned a couple of business emails
*unclogged my toilet, after much toiling with the plunger and patience from the kids
*recieved pens engraved with my business name and info to hand out at the bridal show
*straightened out a little situation about headshots with AT's karate instructor
*took a long awaited reprint order from a customer
*House kind of half-way squared-away from the kids' visit

And now, with a nod of appreciation to all mothers who deal with sleepless nights, sick kids and divers extra-curricular lessons on a daily basis, I hit the long-awaited hay.

nighty-night, all.

1 comment:

melissa said...

Yay! Comments are working again! The kids had agreat time at your house. Thanks so much for helping me out. Have a great day!
Melissa