Monday, March 28, 2005

Easter Day

Easter was fantastic!

I was up early baking bundt cakes and picking daffodils and preparing camera equipment and ironing clothes. And still managed to arrive at Melissa's about 15 minutes late.*sigh*

The whole fam was already there and the kids were all bounding around, full of sugar-induced Easter Spirit. It was so good to see all the little cousins together. And W was just walking everywhere with his big, brave wobbly steps!!

Melissa's table was spread with excellent roast beef and horseradish sauce, mac-n-cheese, fried cabbage, biscuits, potato salad, pea salad,glazed carrots,mashed potatoes and gravy and various other tasty dishes. The dessert buffet contained boston creme pie, Easter cupcakes, pineapple upside down cake and lemon bundt cakes.mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Em's in-laws dropped in shortly after the meal. Lots of conversation and laughter ensued. It was really lovely. The kids enjoyed an egg hunt, courtesy of Aunt Emily (she is the family's resident Easter egg hunt maven and master hider of eggs).

After dessert and coffee, I did a mini-portrait session of all the young'uns in their Easter best.
I have posted the highlights below.
Grandkids copy
Emskids2 copy
IMG_4607 copy 2

Got a good one of Dad, too, at Mom's request:
DAD2 copy

And here's a few snapshots:

W's 1st deviled egg
W's 1st devld egg copy

Q's got the whole posing thing down pat
Qcopy copy

The whole fam damily :0)
MelsFam copy


As always, Melissa made her house feel like home. And as always, it was wonderful for all of the family to be together. If it hadn't been quite so cold and rainy, I would have done a shot of the entire lot of us.
What did I ever do to deserve to be born into such a great family? Nothing, of course. That's what God's grace is all about--getting things you don't deserve because He loves you THAT much.

3 comments:

melissa said...

Amazing.I don't know how you do it. The kids all look so cute......and "the whole fam damily"?? Now there's a Mettism I haven't heard in awhile! Bwahahah!!!
Thanks for the compliments, and thanks for the awesome photos. BTW,the bundt cakes are Loooong gone! Delish!

Emily said...

Yes, you are extremely lucky! I cannot imagine havint a sister like me! (Yes, I know I just made the same joke on Mel's blog...I am not that clever!!)
Also, I will take one million copies of that "W Peeking" picture! Thanks so much for always being so patient and taking such wonderful pics of all the kids!
Was so great spending time together on Sunday.

Dy said...

Wow, those are terrific photographs! Would you come live with us and mentor me in the art of taking pictures of more than the "quartering away" side of the boys as they scamper from place to place? Please? Charles can cook like a madman, and I can, um, brew a mean pot of coffee (yes, sadly, that's the extent of what I have to offer).

The day looks like it was such fun for you all, and you captured it beautifully.
Dy