Tuesday, March 08, 2005

At the old homeplace

I sent a few business emails, researched some photo stuff, packed my junk and hit the road.
I listened to classical music and conservative talk radio most of the way. Elvis, as always, perked up as soon as we turned onto the road leading to the farm. I don't know how he always knows when we're almost there.

I enjoyed a cup of coffee, conversation and a few Girl Scout cookies with Mom when I arrived. It's cold and snowy and blustery here on the farm. Later I headed up to the studio and packed up a bunch of albums and frames and portfolios,etc. to haul back for the bridal show this weekend. Mom and I ran to the grocery store for dog food and creamer (just the necessities).
I sorted through a bunch of my stuff that I need to get out of Mom's way and got it ready to haul back home with me. Did a little political reading online(Ratherbiased.com). Dad fixed a delicious supper of thick, juicy steaks, buttery baked sweet potatoes, cheesy roasted tomatoes and thick bread. YUM. Dad is the ultimate cooker of all meats.

Watched a spot of FoxNews with the folks.

And now, as the icy wind is whipping around outside, I shall retire to the snug, newly carpeted guest quarters and read photo lab price sheets and Joseph Conrad until I fall asleep in a warm bed with Elvis curled up at my feet.
What did I ever do to deserve such a lovely day?

Looking forward to spending time with all of the kids tomorrow.

G'night and sleep tight, all.

2 comments:

melissa said...

Your writing is killer!! Oh, and um, you got steaks AND Girl Scout cookies???? That is SO not fair!!

Dy said...

This day sounds idyllic! I love it! Your parents are absolute dears, you know that? :-)

Dy