Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Snow, the Y and some Pics

Ed just returned my call and he's good-to-go! (Ed's my formerly MIA wedding photography assistant).Whewhoo! Life is good. God is good.

I had a beautiful workout this morning (walk/run/trudge thru the snow). The fields and woods are covered in a 6 inch blanket of snow.The sky was a crisp blue and the clouds were big and fluffy. It was cold, but I worked up a sweat, anyway. I went far enough away from civilization (such as it is here) that Elvis got to run free to do some of his favorite things--run-sniff-pee-run-sniff-pee...etc. A good time had by all.

I had an enjoyable phone conversation with Tonya and then we proceeded to email and IM back and forth for a few minutes. She's always a hoot. Things are not looking good for her coming to visit this weekend, though. Bummer.

I manipulated and then uploaded a number of new images onto my website and updated some of my info. I'm pretty pleased with how the site is coming along.

When Mel called and said that we wouldn't be doing SR's art lesson today, I decided to give my Y membership a test drive. After emptying out a photo-backdrop duffle bag (I didn't think my usual bag--Food Lion plastic sack-- appropriate for my first trip to the gym) and packing my stuff, I headed downtown. It was great! I hit the weight room and then the pool and then the dry sauna and then the shower. It all felt fabulous. I had forgotten what a good thing it is to belong to a gym.

Post Y, I hit the Walmart for a few necessities and then home. Venison steak with curry sauce and a spinach salad chased with a diet Dr Pepper. Pretty yummy. I then spent a pleasant half-hour talking to my landlord and his lady, whilst dropping off my rent check. Nice folks.

I looked into the Big brother,Big Sister organization today, with the thought of volunteering. Apparently a local church has a similar mentoring-type program, as well. They're both supposed to be sending me some info. I dig kids and kids dig me so I figured what the heck. Maybe I can be of some use. Apparently Meals On Wheels does not operate in this area. If anyone has had any experience with any of these organizations, good or bad, I'd love to hear about it!

I am trying to set up a time to go whale watching in VA beach. They have this great "Whale Watching Package" going on til March 13th. I just don't know if I can fit it into my schedule. I hope it will work out that I can go. It would be SO amazing to actually SEE wild whales. Awesome photo-op's, too.

I'm going to Mel's tomorrow morn to watch the kids while she keeps an appointment. I will do SR's art lesson while I'm there. Should be fun. Both of the boys have colds, though, so I hope they're feeling better.

The snow really is beautiful, here. I took a few pics today (the last one I took a few weeks ago).

My little corner of the world:
My house


The view from my yard:
snow view


The view from my back deck on a pretty winter's eve:
my deck view 2


I love where I live!

Well, it's late and I need to hit the sack. My house is a mess, but it can wait til tomorrow.

Chow, all.


4 comments:

melissa said...

BEAUTIFUL!
Yeah, kids do dig you! SOooo you're workin' out now? For real? You were my enabler. Now what am I gonna do?

Emily said...

WTG on the workout thing! I need spring so I can get the kids outside (these are my "formal" workout sessions, pulling the kids in the wagon to the park, grocery store etc.) I am getting a skinny winter "flab-hag" body and really need to get out, MOVE and firm up! C'mon Spring!!

I forgot to tell you....When I read your title I thought you had posted pictures of yourself at the Y!! :)

Anonymous said...

Em,

Well, I started to post the ones I took of me in the weight room, grimacing, and then some of me doing some laps in the pool and of course the one of me lounging in the sauna.Thought better of it.

Just KIDDING!LOL!

Thom.

Dy said...

Good luck w/ the volunteering. I wish more children had uber-cool grown ups in their lives!

I can see why you love your little corner of the world- it's spectacular, and cozy. How beautiful.

Dy