Saturday, March 12, 2005

short one

My interview with the BBBS organization went well, yesterday. They were very thorough and seem to be very serious about their programs. I'm looking forward to hearing back from them.
It was interesting to realize that negative past experiences in my life may be of benefit to me now, in helping a child to deal with their own tough situations.

Right now, I'm getting my junk together for the Lexington bridal show, tomorrow.
For some reason, I'm having a hard time getting motivated. I'm just sort of going through the motions. There's a ton I still need to accomplish. And I'm tired and irritable.

2 comments:

Dy said...

Oh Thom,
I am constantly amazed at how God has brought good from the negative experiences of my past. It is both humbling and encouraging to be used in such a way. Trust in Him, and the paths He brings you to.
People used to ask my Mom how a loving God could put her through so much, and her response was, "He didn't put me through it. He brought me through it." That's always stuck with me, and made me smile, b/c it's so very true.

Hope tomorrow is a lovely day for you!
Dy

Thom said...

Gosh, thanks for that, Dy. I needed a little shot in the arm today (0: