Thursday, March 24, 2005

Ladybugs, Printing problems and Recipes

Alright, I just ALMOST ate a ladybug. It's time to get serious about cleaning out the infestation. Apparently, ladybugs are a real menace in these parts. I thought it was kinda neat, at first. You know, finding one on your keyboard or on the windows. I can admit it gets a little lonely out here, sometimes. And they're harmless and cute, right? NO. I have to check the sugar dish before I make my coffee in the morning. I have to check my drink (no matter where I set it) before I take a sip. I have to clean them out of Elvis' water dish daily(who knows how many he's consumed--apparently they're not toxic). And just now, I reach into a bag of tortillas and found one chip-surfing into my mouth. Almost. Yeah, it's time to borrow a dustbuster and suck them into kingdom come *sigh*. Hate to do it, but you can't say I haven't been fair. I mean they apparently used my house for their winter quarters.

I worked on my printer for HOURS again today. I learned a lot, but still haven't figured out exactly what I need to know. I even went so far as to break out the instructional DVD that came with the thing. That's right, when all else fails, read the instructions! I'm so close to the "perfect print" now, I can almost smell it. Tomorrow will be the day, I'm just sure of it!

I did a little marketing today(leaving displays around town) and went to the craft store for a few framing supplies. Melissa and I met for a quick coffee at the bookstore while Savannah was at ballet (Mel's looking really stunning these days and I really dislike her for it [kidding!LOL! you do look great, though}). Today also included another trip to the dollar store(different store than yesterday and I held on tightly to my keys!) to get Easter stuff for the young'uns.
I got some good stuff and I'm looking forward to making their baskets.

I'm cooking dinner for a friend either tomorrow or the next day--just depends on when I get finished with my printing. Red clam sauce over angel hair. It's one of his favorites, but this will be my first attempt at cooking it. I've done my usual research and pulled out what I feel are the best elements from several good recipes and created a "custom" recipe of my own. We'll see how it turns out. If it's really yummy, I'll blog it. Of course, if it's spectacularly yummy I will keep it as a secret and let folks beg for me to make it for them. Is that bad?

I'm kidding, of course. I am realizing, however, that it would be difficult for me to share a recipe. It's always just a dash of this or that. Very little measuring. It does make it a little difficult when something turns out really good and I go to make something for a 2nd time. I should really start writing these things down, eh?

I talked to Mom today, briefly. They were still en route to the farm and stopping for the night somewhere in N.C. It sounds like they had a pretty good trip (except for the big tornado scare!). They should be home tomorrow afternoon. It's always nice to get away, but it's also always nice to come back home.

Well, I didn' t workout today, at all. That's not good. I did try on a dress from a couple of years ago, though, and it s' ALMOST not too tight anymore! That IS good! Oh, who am I trying to kid. I'm a cow. But I'm a nice, witty cow, right?LOL!!!

I shall end this blog by sending out a heartfelt "happy birthday!" to Race, who is SO going to love the gift his fam got for him!

G'night, folks.

3 comments:

melissa said...

Oooooooooo I am the Hated, Stunning Looking Girl??? Oh.(sniff-sniff) God Bless You. And I mean that (wiping a tear).

I hear ya about the lady bugs. The only thing we have found is vaccuming them.

You ARE nice, and witty. You are NOT a cow!! You're doing good, keep it up. AND...don't forget...you're doing it on your own. You should feel pretty good about that! You've come a long way!

Dy said...

I totally agree w/ Mel- it's good stuff when it's under your own steam! But cow? No. Trust me. You're very pretty.

And, I feel, a kindred soul in many ways- only cooler. Much cooler than I am. There's just something to be said about waging war on the ladybugs (which we thought were "so cute" the first month of last year's invasion, too), for the excitement of things being "almost" not tight anymore, and the knife scars. You're just very, very cool.

But you do have to share the recipe, and it's perfectly legit to write down a recipe using the measurements of "throw in a little..." and "sprinkle some..." That works, for those who understand the Zen of Cooking. (Or Southern Cooking, something like that.)

Dy

Thom said...

Hey, thanks, you guys, for the kind words. They're much appreciated!!

The Zen of cooking. I like that! :0)