Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Gooood day, suuunshine

It was a great day. I was up early(ish) and studying-up for Savannah's art lesson and prepping for my afternoon session and sucking back coffee. Melissa dropped off the kids around 10:30am. Austin slaved under the hot sun mowing my overgrown lawn while Savannah and I had a very productive art lesson--an introduction to watercolors--very enjoyable! Melissa and Jack came back by with lunch around 1pm and we all enjoyed a quick bite under the shade of my lilac bush on my freshly hewn lawn. Austin then completed the mowing and Melissa broke out her spiffy new weedeater and trimmed around my bushes (she bought my lunch and trimmed my weeds--whata gal!). I was busy finishing my last minute preparations for the session and ironing my work clothes.
The session went wonderfully, despite the guy throwing me a curve ball (figuratively speaking) before we even got started. He needed some unusual cropping which required a bit of quick rearranging on my part. But, it was no problem. The headshots are great. I expect that this guy will send more business my way when he sees his images!

While waiting for my images to download, I ran a couple of errands in town. I booked another bridal consultation, as well.

Supper was "Grilled Chicken of Many Flavor"(oriental style) prepared on the charcoal grill. Small baked potato, spinach salad. YUM!

The remainder of the day was spent tearing down and putting away my studio equipment, cropping and retouching the headshot images (love doing that!), continuing preparation of the enlargements to hang in the Bistro and practicing my watercolor techniques. I didn't workout today because my landlord is feverishly spreading cow manure all over his fields--where I usually do my workouts! I guess E and I will be heading over to "our" National Forest trail for a workout, tomorrow.

I did sit out on the deck, with Elvis, and just enjoy the ambience of the evening for a little while. It's so nice out here.

Now, I may be wrong here. It may just be wishful trying-on-of-pants. But, I think I may have lost a smidgeon of weight--I THINK! I wore some pants today that I am reasonably sure I couldn't get into last month. Gosh, I hope so. I feel like I'm spinning my wheels, here, with the whole weight loss deal.

I would so love to feel uninhibited enough in a swimsuit that I could comfortably take full advantage of all the water realted activities that St. Lucia has to offer--snorkeling, scuba, parasailing(maybe-maybe not on that last one; I've laughed myself into a coma at one too many parasailing AFV clips!)

But, anyhoo. A good day and I'm thankful for it. The day was rounded off by a conversation with Melissa that left my stomach aching from laughter. Without going into any details, we were discussing the string of good looking gentleman that have been parading in and out my studio lately for headshot sessions. We decided it could make a very funny movie, if properly embellished ;0D!! Funny stuff!

Alright, folks, I'm uh hittin the hay. G'night!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a productive day! I'll bet A was very hot mowing that grass if it was as hot there as it was here on Wednesday. It was certainly nice of Melissa to get out the old weed eater and trim things up for you. I can just see you all sitting under the lilac bush having lunch on your newly cut lawn. Sounds so inviting. Parade of good-looking gentlemen parading in and out huh? I'll be waiting for the video. Ha!Ha! Sounds like Savannah is coming right along with those art lessons. She's so talented! Love, Mom

melissa said...

Beautiful pictures. But- where's the pic of Farmer Sammys' sh*t spreader?? It just won't all come together for your readers if you don't put that up. "Here are the beautiful flowers at my house...but HERE's what it smells like!". LOL!