Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Tuesday

Interesting day, Tuesday. Rooms were organized, meals were enjoyed, lifestyles were altered.

The better part of the workday was spent in putting together another sports marketing package. I also unloaded and organized (sorta) all of my bridal show stuff and straightened my office. The usual house cleaning and a quick but thorough workout with the Big E.

As all good days are, this day was centered around the expectation of a good meal. Melissa and I went to a local restaurant to enjoy an early supper together--just the girls, you know. It was lovely. The place is relatively new and has a wonderful atmosphere; casual and comfortable but classy with a touch of elegance. The meal was divine. I had al dente ziti sauteed with thinly sliced ham and tomatoes and tender (but not squishy) broccoli in a champagne sauce that was to die for. This was topped with the perfect amount of parmesean, adding just a hint of needed saltiness. Deee-LISH! Mel had grilled salmon over mashed potatoes with sauteed spinach and a sundried tomato relish. I didn't have a taste of hers, as I'm not a HUGE fan of salmon, but she assured me it was very good.
This particular restaurant serves a Creme Brulee (you're probably not supposed to capitalize that, but in this case, capitalization is the least that I can do for something that gave me SO much earthly pleasure) the likes of which this mere mortal has never encountered before. I really feel inadequate to describe it. And I am struck with fear in my heart at the thought of trying to recreate such a marvel in my own kitchen. I mean, I'm only human. Enough said.

SIDE NOTE: Through sheer willpower, I was able to leave a portion of both my entree and my dessert on the plate. My diet is still essentially intact.

Without going into any personal details, the only other thing I'm going to say about Tuesday is this: I discovered that I am very poor. I did not realize this until Tuesday and it was a dismaying discovery. Up until Tuesday, I thought I was just fine. Tuesday saw alot of plans go down the drain quite suddenly. The particular circumstance leading up to my "sudden" impoverishment was not entirely of my own creation. I'm a little unsure what to do now. It's funny how all of your plans can be changed so quickly. It kind of rattles ones foundations a bit, I must say.

But.

I have some good-paying jobs coming up. I have a good family. I have a God who listens when I pray. I have some food in the fridge. A roof over my head. A little petrol in the lorry.

Things could be alot worse! :0D

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Things ARE going to get better!! You are too sweet a person for them not to get better. Someday you will look back on these days and laugh about them; until then just keep your head up and continue to know that God is in charge and He will see you through. We are here if you need us. Love Mom

Dy said...

I agree with your Mom. The times that I've found myself suddenly penniless have, in retrospect, been times that God has allowed me to dig a little deeper, get a little more creative, and truly understand the extent of my blessings. They've become growing times when I thought they would be stagnant times. I pray the same for you. (I'm also going to pray that they're short-lived, b/c worthwhile or not, they just aren't very fun.)
Dy

Thom said...

Thanks, Mom!

And thanks for the prayers,Dy!