Sunday, April 10, 2005

3 Days

Friday:

work,work,work; a most excellent Italian meal out with a friend (which I WAS, through an enormous amount of willpower, able to push away from before finishing(0: ), glass of wine on the deck.


Saturday:

breakfast at the Bistro (just eggs and tomatoes and boiled potatoes--nothing greasy) where we also enjoyed time with Jack and Savannah, (I could brag about how great those kids are all day long!), then it was over to Eckerd for Iron pills and B12 and then off to work. My whole house was in SORE need of cleaning (Mom and Dad were coming to stay the night, which I love!) and I still had some bridal show preparations to complete. That took up the rest of the day.

At 5pm, I took off to Austin's 1st baseball game, camera in tow. Austin was a little nervous, I think, but he was also having the time of his life! I got some good pics of him. He's such a great kid-so very focused. They won their 1st game by A LOT and lost the 2nd (it was a double header).
Mom and Dad came back to my place and we sat and talked and drank cheap wine (that's a family joke) until midnight. It was very enjoyable. They should really come and visit more often!


Sunday:

I woke up at around 4-5am with a migraine-like headache and the usual accompanying upset stomach. I managed to slip back off to sleep about an hour before the cursed alarm began to ring. We all went out and enjoyed a very pleasant breakfast in a local hole-in-the-wall diner. After returning to the house, they all helped me finish my preparations and load up my bridal show stuff. Mom and Dad headed home.

I got a late start to the show and was hampered by the following problems, en route:

*gas level in vehicle dangerously low

*some goober slammed on his brakes 2 cars in front of me (I was VERY thankful that my car was equipped with anti-locks) and all of my stuff comes flying to the front of the car and into the floorboards.

*spurious directions lead me to take a MAJOR wrong turn and lead me WAY off course

*When I finally arrive at the show, someone has moved the sign which points me to my display area and I wander around this maze of an 1800's era Inn for 15 minutes trying to find someone who knows where I'm supposed to be.

*After much detective work, I am able to locate my appointed display area only to realize that it is up two flights of REALLY steep stairs and tiny little narrow hallways and it's HOT in there. Being soaked with sweat and possessed of trembling leg muscles can impair ones ability to have that neat, professional look about their person.

Eventually, I got it all set up and put on a nice little presentation. I didn't book anybody, but recieved a lot of very positive attention and rubbed elbows and made nice with a lot of other wedding service vendors. It was really a good show. Pretty upscale. I was surprised and pleased, really, to see the two major high-end wedding photographers in the area displaying there. It feels pretty good to be able to compare my work with these guys and see how I stack up. I'm really getting there! :0).

After another series of hot, leg trembling trips up and down those horrific stairs I was packed back up and headed home(by way of the VERY nearest gas station). I stopped by Melissa's to drop off the laptop which she had very kindly let me borrow, and we chatted for a while and decided to go out for a meal together on Monday--I owe her one as a WAY belated b-day gift.

I headed home took a quick shower and hit the hay pretty early.

2 comments:

Dy said...

When was Melissa's b-day?
Why is "veranda" in quotes?

Wow, I don't know how you pull it off, but I'm thoroughly impressed. To be honest, I'd be the chick on the beach wearing baggy sweats and eating everything in sight when I got to the tropical island wedding. I'm proud of the great job you're doing- personally, professionally, and all-around.

Sounds like a nice weekend, aside from the stairs and the sweating, anyway. ;-)
Dy

melissa said...

ROFL!!! This post had me laughing out loud! The "cheap wine", and then all of the "leg trembling" and "sweating" and stuff. HILARIOUS!