Tuesday, April 05, 2005

A Lite Recipe and a few Pics

Okay, I've been blogging for sometime now and NEVER noticed the abundance of different fonts that I could be using to "mix things up". Huh.

Working in front of the computer, ordering supplies, fielding business calls, cooking, cleaning,more computer work, picking up a file cabinet from Mel's and hauling it home, some minor shopping, art lesson, nature walk and workout. That pretty much sums up the day.

Savannah and I had a good art lesson, learning about different types of pencils and their uses as well as practicing outline sketches of various images. We then went for a walk with Elvis.

When Melissa came over to pick her up, we all sat down and enjoyed a quick bite together. I had attempted to make potato soup, but realized part-way through that I was low on taters. So it turned into a sort of a cheese-and-potato-combo soup. It was actually pretty good. I served it accompanied by a seafood salad. That recipe is listed below.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Please keep in mind, all of my measurements are approximated. I'm just no good at measuring and recording the results. I just kind of taste as I go and hope for the best :0)
This one was pretty good, especially for a low-cal deal.


Quick recipe:
Seafood Salad "Lite"

2 cups Imitation crabmeat, chopped fine

1/3 cup celery, chopped fine

2 Boiled eggs, chopped fine

1 Tbs fresh dill, chopped fine

2 Tbs Light Mayo


1/2 tsp Old Bay

1 Tbs Lemon juice

1/4 Tsp Black pepper

1/2 wheat bagel, toasted

a few leaves of spinach or similar green leafy stuff




Combine all ingredients except the last two (duh!) and stir together thoroughly.

Place spinach on top of toasted bagel and spoon mixture onto spinach. Enjoy!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

It was really gorgeous again today. I snapped a few pretty Spring pics

Savannah and the Big E
IMG_4943 copy

IMG_4918 copy

IMG_4922 copy

IMG_4702 copy 2

Hope everyone had a good day! G'night.

4 comments:

melissa said...

I love coming to your blog and seeing new pictures! Savannah had a great time yesterday, and the dinner was fabulous! Thanks so much.

Dy said...

Such a nice way to spend a Spring Day! Busy, busy, with time to enjoy the family, too. That's how it works.

Don't you love having the ability to adlib food? I have friends who wouldn't dare to try that. They think I'm insane for not having any qualms about throwing in a little of this or some of that to make up for what I didn't have enough of. LOL. Makes for some great stuff!
Dy

Emily said...

OK! Why isn't there a tire swing or at least a "Metts' Swing" (you know, stick-on-a-rope), on that big tree. Please remedy. :D

Emily said...

...SEND SOUP...AND SALAD...TOO MANY SICK KIDS HERE...GOOPY NOSES EVERYWHERE...CAN'T GET TO STOVE...