Thursday, April 07, 2005

Tired,busy, hungry and strangely"willing"

Warning!Please be advised that this blog starts out whiney and ends on a preachy note.


I'm tired. I haven't been sleeping too well since I started my Skinny for St. Lucia eating and exercise plan. My poor tummy doesn't know what's going on yet. It's not used to being denied late night snacks when it loudly requests them. *sigh*

I spent most of yesterday (except for a foray to the movies with Mel and the kids-thanks Melissa, I needed that!:0) ) and pretty much ALL of today sitting on my tail in front of this here computer screen. I didn't even workout today. I took E for a long walk and let him try to dig up a groundhog, so at least he got some exercise. Other than a trip to the dump(whoohoo) and washing a load of clothes, I have sat right here. Can your eyes actually bleed?

However, I did finally finish some of the things that I've been working on so diligently. I should be finished with bridal show preparations by tomorrow (got a show on Sunday). My sports packages should be in the mail, too. Incidentally, I've had another bite on the bait I'm dangling in front of the local Little League. ;0)

I found 2 more possible pro labs to handle my wedding film. My old reliable lab has switched completely to digital processing--no more film! Next year will be the year I go fully digital, too. That's my goal, anyway.

I still haven't heard a word from the BBBS organization. I'm pretty sure I don't have a criminal record. I think I would remember something like that. SO, I don't know what the hold-up could be. Oh, well. Patience, my child, patience.

I don't believe my house has ever been this messy before. If you could see my house on a normal day, you would truly understand the deep significance of that remark. I need to get up super early in the morning and get my work finished so that I can concentrate on cleaning and organizing this sty for the remainder of the day. And here it is approaching midnight and my belly is just roaring with anger and confusion.Where has all of that youthful willpower gotten away to? I'm fixin to break out the over-the-counter sleep aid, folks. There's no calories in that, right??!? LOL!

I'm going on one week now of eating a very lo-cal diet and working out everyday (alright, except today--get off my case, already, geez! Okay, sorry for the attitude, that was totally my empty gut talkin'). If I can keep this up for another week, I should start seeing some results. When I can get back into a couple of pairs of my favorite old jeans, THEN I may start finding that willpower reserve tank beginning to fill back up! I look very forward to that.

Wow. Once again, as I read back through this utterly self-centered blog, I realize that I need to be doing more for others. I've got to find a church and I've got to get involved in God's work. I want to be a benefit to my community, not just one more body taking up space. I want to help.
"...to whomsoever much is given, much is required...". I've quoted that here before, I know. It's just so apropos to my situation (did I use that word correctly? anyone...anyone...?).
Psalm 37:4-5 declares that God will give you the desires of your heart. I think that He puts those desires there in order for you to know what he would have you do. The more I pray and seek Him, the more I feel the desire to just...help. People.

I hope this doesn't come off as being a tooting of my own horn, type blog. It's just that I can look back and see where I wasted opportunities in my life where I might have been used if I had been less scared or more willing. I want to be willing, now. I want to be NOT scared when the opportunities come along.

I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir, here. I think everyone who reads me regularly is already a parent and long ago uncovered and took to heart the theme in my upcoming sermon. But since the whole willingness thing has been on my mind for a while now, I'm going to exorcise it here in the land of blog

*clearing of throat* "Friends and neighbors..." just kidding!

The relationship between parents and children is such a beautiful picture of what God's relationship with us should be. I have just realized that over the last year, or so (yeh, I know, I'm a little slow on the uptake sometimes). How free will is such a beautiful thing that God has given us. He gives us the opportunity to come to Him on our own. Just like a child coming to his Mom or Dad when he has a problem or has done something he knows to be wrong or just has a bit of good news to share. He comes because he wants to. Because he loves and trusts you. I can only imagine how gratifying that must be for a parent. I feel like it just gives you a peek into what God feels for us, His children, when we come to Him.

I used to have the hardest time understanding why God didn't just make us all like little robots who go around praising and glorfying Him and doing His work without any choice in the matter. I get it now. Took me a while, but I think I get it now ;0)

Mm-kay. Got that off my chest. Maybe I'll sleep better tonight!
Have a great day folks!
Goodnight.

1 comment:

melissa said...

First. When you get your meal at the Italian joint, ask for a "to-go" container, and go ahead and put some in to take home. I saw a friend do this once, and I thought that it was pure genius. She did it with dessert too!
You have so much to offer, and you have made amazing strides in the last few years. Shouldn't we be celebrating a 1 year anniversary of being on your own soon? (wine, cheese?) You're doin'it! You're doin'it! Read the E.E. devotion for this morning. As always,incredible.