Monday, April 04, 2005

Sunday and Monday

Sunday
Mom and Dad unexpectedly (to me, anyway) popped into town Sunday and met me for breakfast. It was a really nice surprise! They had been in Roanoke and stopped by to visit on their way back home. They had coffee, and then we all went over to where Melissa and Race and the young'uns were having their post-church brunch and sat with them for a little while and talked. It was nice to see Mom and Dad out and about. I was VERY tempted to just order a desert and keep on talking, but my new "Skinny for St. Lucia" diet won't allow it. Very sad, too, because the joint's creme brulee is to die for! ;0)

I spent much of the rest of the day hiking in the National Forest with Elvis. It was windy and a little cool, but you could feel Spring in the air, all the same. Everything was budding out and the whole area was rife with turkey sign.

Monday
The electricity was off for the first few hours of the day so I didn't accomplish all that I had intended. I ran some errands and had a good workout with Elvis-mostly running. I talked to Ed (photog assistant) and got things partially squared away for my upcoming wedding and the St. Lucia trip. Cleaned house, organized paperwork. Nothing too exciting.
I went shopping today in order to stock my cabinets with low cal, healthy foods. I cooked an extra meal this evening so that I will have something healthy and quick-to-prepare in my freezer. No excuses for getting fast food!

It was stunningly gorgeous outside today. 74 degrees with a mild breeze. Presently, through my open window, I can hear the spring frogs peeping from the pond in the woods. It's after 10pm and they're still going strong. Yes, Spring is upon us.


Here's a karate picture which I neglected to send to Melissa to post on her blog:

Jack demonstrating one of several "arm bars"
IMG_4806 copy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Both of those recipes sound yummy!I'm glad we were a nice surprise Sunday, but I sure thought I had told you we were probably coming down there. I guess it was the "probably" that I didn't correct when I knew for sure we were coming. Jackson looks like a pro in that picture. So cute! Love, Mom

melissa said...

Love the picture! And, um, yeah...about the Creme' Brulee...and I have actually dreamt of the dessert since having it on Sunday.