Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Spot uh catchin' up

Okay, I'm not even going to try to play catch-up for the weekend, at this point. I'll do that in a later post. I'll just start with yesterday(Monday)

I slept in on Monday because I had not been feeling too well Sunday evening--pollen and a touch of a tummy bug. As a reward for this indulgence, my body gave me an enormous amount of energy to work with when I got up. I accomplished a lot!
Taxes, business emails, fine art enlargements, bridal consultation preparation(the chick was a no-show), 2 DMV trips, hung my hummingbird feeder outside my office window(just what I need--one more reason to stare out the window,LOL!), bought paint for my living room and front door, painted my front door(looks SO good!), scrubbed carpets(Elvis is sick-yuck!), had a good/hard workout, packed my stuff for Mom and Dad's, hung my pots and pans on from the kitchen shelf with some newly purchased hardware, and miscellaneous little tasks that I won't even bother to list. A good, productive day, it was (read that as Yoda).


Tuesday, I was up early and out the door to the DMV. I got my name and address changed, a shiny new driver's license and registered my car in my county. I feel so official.
And, through careful preparation--including a bit of extra mirror time that morning and practicing facial expressions on the drive to the DMV--- was able to get a remarkably not too frightening DL photo.

The drive to Mom and Dad's was good. Em and the boys were there when I arrived so I got to see W walking all over the place and Q picking flowers. It's always good to see those little critters.

I made a few business calls and then headed into the woods to scout for turkey sign. It was VERY enjoyable. Elvis and I both had a good long walk.

From there, I took Elvis for his vet appointment. He has a minor infection and we left with some antibiotics and many compliments on what a handsome and well-behaved fellow he is :-D
No worries, mate.

Supper was a fat juicy steak, Montreal seasoned(which I did NOT finish all of, only through sheer willpower) and a baked potato. Yuu-um.

I talked with Mom and Dad for a while and prepared a lab order to go in the mail on Wednesday.

And pretty much, that was the day. :0)

4 comments:

melissa said...

It's about time!!
O.K. For the record, it is SOOoo not fair that I always get salmon, and you always get steak at mom and dads!!!
Oh and uh, thanks for not going into any detail about Elvis' little problem.
Can't wait to see the door!

Dy said...

Ah, we love Montreal! Good stuff. I'll tell ya, though, I hope Elvis is reaping the benefits of all this unfinished food. Or could that be the cause of his issues? Poor Elvis.
Dy

melissa said...

Girl, you've got more than a "spot" of catchin' up to do now! If I can blog from a hotel in Miami....well, c'mon!

melissa said...

Ummmm...It's May now.