Sunday, April 17, 2005

Some weekend!

Wow. I didn't realize it'd been so long since I blogged!

Thursday was spent working on taxes and running errands and printing pictures. I picked Savannah and Jack up from their ballet and martial arts and dropped them at Austin's b-ball game. The game was fun to watch. Austin was much more relaxed and was having a great time. He loves The Game SO much!
I got some pretty good shots of him, too.

Friday? I don't even remember Friday. Running errands, frantically trying to figure out my taxes (nothing quite as exciting as waiting 'til the last minute,eh?), being doubled over in pain a few times(cramps) and prepping camera equipment.

Saturday was busy. Up early, quick breakfast and then a whir of cleaning house, loading camera bags, cleaning lenses, ironing work clothes, etc.
Ed arrived right on time and I got him all settled in and acclimated to my house. We then loaded up and headed off to the wedding.

The B&G were both really late getting there and that threw everything out of wack as far as the picture schedule goes. So it was rushed. I was almost run over by the stretch Hummer that served as their limo and then tripped running up the stairs of the reception hall carrying all 30lbs or so of equipment strapped about my body. That hurt. Still hurts a little today.
But we got some great shots. And that's all that matters!

Unfortunately, the B&G forgot to bring my check. They promised to mail it out. I sure hope they do, cause I'm still really broke.

It's really awesome how well Ed and I work together. It took us about an hour to really get back into our rhythmn but once we did it was smooth as glass.I can't wait to see the pictures.
I am so thankful to God to have an assistant like Ed!

One other remarkable event at the reception I shall report on: there was a car wreck at the end of the driveway. Some guy rolled his Grand Cherokee about 4 times and came to an upside down stop right in front of the reception hall. He was alright and it made for an interesting story.

My friend met us at the Bistro for supper afterwards. There was a great live blues/rock band playing and I treated Ed to the Bistro's phenomenal crabcakes and Heffenweisen (I pushed away before I finished!). We all talked and laughed and made fun of the sideshow antics of this 60's-throwback-pothead-type guy who was making quite the spectacle of himself while getting his groove on to the tunes (this fellow had obviously enjoyed some "herbal" entertainment prior to the show!) It was alot of fun.

We then went to my friend's house and checked out his Harley (I have just got to figure out a way to get myself a bike one of these days)and watched some drag racing on TV. We didn't stay long, though, cause I was beat.

I want to send out another word of thanks to my friend T who so generously gave me her futon for my living room. It is PERFECT for when guests stay over! Thanks again, girl!

Anyhoo, Sunday morning, Ed was all up and showered and bright-eyed before my alarm even went off. I don't understand morning people, I really don't. We all went out and enjoyed a long leisurely breakfast with Ed and I scheming about our upcoming St. Lucia wedding.

Ed took off around noon and I downloaded my wedding images and organized the film.

Supper was Mexican food and then me and Elvis went for a hike. It was a really nice day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you had such a good weekend. Sounds like everyone enjoyed it. Hope you're not too bruised from falling up the steps or from getting out of the way of the hummer!I'll bet the guy in the Jeep Cherokee's a bit sore though. BTW, I think you've gotten a little ahead of yourself on dating your blog, because today is Monday,April 18. Anyway, hope you continue to have a good week. Love, Mom

Emily said...

WOW! Your weekend sounds awesome! Glad your wedding went well. See you soon! Are you still coming up here?

Anonymous said...

Enjoy reading your blogs Thomasina. You get to have fun while your Aund D sets behind a desk most of the time at work:) Well, I guess someone has to do it:) I mean have fun and work too. I know it has to be nice to be your own boss.

Aunt D.

Anonymous said...

Thomasina I just posted a blog and it says it is 4:52 a.m. It is actually 12:53 p.m. on Wed, 20 Apr 05. Just wanted to let you know your blog is timing your blog wrong.
Aunt D