Wednesday, February 23, 2005

A Pretty Good Day

It was a pretty good one.

*I found a website that pops up prominently on Google and AOL searches which lists my business' information for free
and links to my website. Awesome.
*A photo lab order that I've been waiting on finally arrived. Good.
*I recieved a check in the mail from a customer that I billed some time ago. Nice.
* Got a spot of house cleaning done. Great.
*SR's art lesson went wonderfully. She is really progressing quickly. I'm so impressed. Superb.

It was a little distracting at first to have JL there joyfully scavenging about my house for "treasures" (cool rocks, misc. coins, a couple of pieces of fishing lures,etc.), while instructing SR on the finer points of shading. However, he eventually settled into the task of modeling clay. He's such a cool little guy--boundless energy and an unquenchable spirit. His presence added a little zip and humor to our lesson.
I prepped supper and then took the kids out into the field and then the woods to explore and climb trees. Elvis got to run free, too. I had supper almost finished when Mel arrrived with AT. Roasted quail with apple-curry sauce, baked potato, salad with fresh Ranch dressing and biscuits. Mel brought some good Chenin Blanc and Mug root beer for the kids. YUM.

AT once again bore the marks of a rough Ju-Jitsu lesson. Once again, no complaints from him. Cool kid.

One bad experience today: I attempted to find a chat room or message board for professional photographers which is informative, open-minded and frequented by non-jerks. No luck, so far.
I will continue this quest tomorrow.

No workout today--too,too crampy. Hopefully that will be better tomorrow. I'm really itching to try out my new membership at the Y.

G'night folks!

No comments: