Friday, February 18, 2005

A nice trip

A ladybug(my house has been infested with them since Fall) has decided to hibernate between the F4 and F5 buttons of my keyboard. It's cute, so I'm leaving her there. I don't know why I shared that.

Well, I made it to the studio in Stafford in time to get set up for my appointments and they both went fairly smooth. Left with some cash and a check in my pocket, so I'm not complaining. The folks invited me to lunch at Applebees and it was very pleasant. I took advantage of the low-cal menu and left quite satisfied. Later I took a long walk with Elvis around the farm. It's always great to enjoy the sights, sounds and smells of the old homeplace. I then did some computer work and updated my website a bit (shameless plug----- Photographybythomasina.com).
Take-out Mexican for supper. Pancho Villa's (local mex restaurant) is so tasty!
I did some reading before bed, as is my habit (obsession, really). I read a very informative article about wines that pair well with chocolates. I will be trying this the minute I have the $$ to do so. Having forgotten to pack my current political book, I was reduced to reading a Nancy Drew mystery from the headboard nightstand. That Nancy is so saucy!
I went for a run with Elvis the next morning and then to lunch with Mom,Dad, Em, Q(4yro nephew)&W(18mo nephew). It was great to see Em and the boys. Those little guys are growing like weeds. I miss them alot.
Me and E hit the road soon after and made it into town in time to grab SR (11yro niece) from her ballet lesson. We came back to my place and did an art lesson (we're starting to learn about shadows and shading). Mel brought the boys to my place after karate lessons, Subway sandwiches in tow. We enjoyed supper and conversation and they all headed home.
As an aside, I would like to comment on the fact that AT (13yro nephew) apparently took a blow to the nose at Ju-Jitsu and hadn't even realized that his honker was bright red. When I mentioned it to him, he seemed to remember taking one to the schnoz, but thought little of it. He just takes everything in stride.What a cool kid.
I worked on a printer problem and called my good friend T. We had a good conversation filled with tons of laughter. I love that.
I hit the sack soon after. Printer problem has to wait--I'm bushed.
Chow!

2 comments:

melissa said...

Ah yes, reduced to the stimulating book offerings in the headboard of Mom's guestroom. We've all been there. Oddly enough, the kids are just delighted with Mam-maw's book selections!

Emily said...

AHEM....Seriously, what's the point of this whole blog thing, if you are not going to write in it?? LOL!! Just Kidding!!!