Monday, February 14, 2005

Later, that same day...

Elvis is happily shredding a Sonic carton on the floor beside me while I type. It makes a big mess that I will have to take time to clean up, but it just gives him such pure joy.
Well, I hope Em's boys got their V
-day gifts today. I gave SR hers and entrusted her with delivering the other two to her brothers when they get home from the basketball game. SR and I had a nice time this evening. I watched her at her modern dance class and was impressed with how uninhibited that she was. She really tries hard and I think that it has given her more confidence. I forgot to tell Mel that after the class she went, of her own accord, back into the studio to talk to Mr. Lee about an assignment that he forgot. That was so very brave of her. He is a large, loud man (who loves the kids and they love him) whom I would definitely have been afraid of at her age. She was completely undaunted. She is also developing a cute little sense of humor. I love that. We went to Sonic and then back to her house and watched Aladdin(that Genie is just too freaking funny) and played with Scout and Herriot (chocolate lab and cat).

I didn't get by the Y today, as I had planned, and it's unlikely that I will have time tomorrow. It'll just have to wait until later in the week.*sigh*
What a day tomorrow will be. (2) 11x14 collages to design and print, (2)8x10 headshots to retouch and print, a wedding proof album to put together, a bridal portrait presentation to assemble, the car still needs cleaning, and packing for a trip to Stafford. I may need to actually go to Stafford tomorrow. Oh, and Savannah's art lesson, too (doesn't count--labor of love). And on top of it all, I feel the strong need to do some serious creative cooking ( happens every time I watch Iron Chef).
So, I guess I need to hit the ole sackaroo and start bright and early(sorta) in the morning.
Night-night, all.

2 comments:

Emily said...

The boys did get their Valentines today! Q picked the ring pop and W (& Stella) shared the big sucker. The sinckers, we are saving for tomorrow. W ate so much candy today his tummy hurts!! He reminds me of YOU! LOL!! OK, OK and me. Hope to see you tomorrow or the next day if you are still around town.

melissa said...

I love the new look of your blog! And your writing just cracks me up! The boys loved thier candy too! They were worn out when they got home. BTW, you can count all the stuff that you do for me and my gang as your Christian work...and if you'd like to add MORE...well, I can help w/ that.Have a great day!