Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Morning thoughts

The cardinals have found my bird feeder. They sit on the bush outside my office window and eyeball me for a while before braving the feeder. Any sudden move on my part and they're gone. But, they are slowly getting used to me. They are such a gorgeous bird. When they become a little less skiddish, I'm going to have SR start doing sketches and pastel drawings of them for art class. I think she would like that. I know I would.
I give SR(11yo neice) art lessons on Tuesdays while the boys (her brothers) are at Karate. Then everyone comes over and we enjoy supper together.
I need to get on the ball and prepare an art lesson for today. I am finding that my own artistic abilities are being stretched and improved by going back to the basics with SR. We will once again tackle sketching, contour drawing and the beginnings of shadows and shading today.

I'm a little sore today from my first martial arts lesson with AT, last night. He taught me the very basic punches and kicks and a couple of arm bars and grappling moves as well as routine stretches. He's a good teacher and I have always enjoyed learning self defense techniques. I'm hoping to sign up for some "official" lessons next month, at a local martial arts studio.

Now, I need to get busy and accomplish something.

No comments: