Thursday, February 24, 2005

A Brand New Kitchen

Whew, I'm bushed. Much was accomplished today including two loads of laundry, sundry business matters and new paint in my kitchen--I'm especially pleased about that last bit. I started and finished the whole painting project in one day and am very happy with the results. Tomorrow, I'm going to put up my shelves(try to anyway) and a rack for my pots and pans.
I also have some gorgeous anitque(I think) plates that I would like to hang on the walls. Curtains will be the finishing touch, but I think that'll have to wait until next week. I'm planning to make them myself and there won't be time for that tomorrow.

I still have a few things I'd like to accomplish this evening before I hit the sack, just to take the pressure off tomorrow--burn an Image DVD, get a reprint order ready to be shipped, mail the contract for the bridal show, frame a 16x20 image. If I can finish all of that, I can concentrate on finishing my kitchen and packing my stuff for the weekend at Mom&Dad's.

I'm looking forward to the celebratory b-day dinner for Mom on Saturday night. It's awesome when all of the family can be together. It's always amazing to see what a big bevy of young'uns that this family has, now. How and when did that happen? Suddenly there's just a whole bunch of us. I love it. In any restaurant setting, we are now a force to be reckoned with.

Well, I'd better get off of here and get to work. Lots to do, yet. And the bed is drawing me to it like the Dark side of the Force. Must...resist....little longer...must not...give in...
Who am I kidding, I could never have been a Jedi.

'Night all.

2 comments:

melissa said...

Bwahahahah!!!!You could have been one of the bar scene creatures. (I'm sorry. I know that was harsh for you). LOL at "a force to be reckoned with"..How True!
BTW, J asked yesterday, "Mom, did you know that Aunt Th is RICH?" "Yeah, she has THREE REAL diamonds". This was of the utmost seriousness to him. I guess he scoured your house pretty good the other day!

Dy said...

Hey, Thom, I think we can legally hide from the Jedi draft by joining a local militia... sounds good to me!

Dy