Monday, February 28, 2005

Good weekend

It was a good weekend. Good food, good wine and great family. That really says it all. I think Mom really enjoyed herself. The French Joint did not disappoint. And I don't know how it's possible, but Q&W just get cuter and cuter. My friend rode up with me and he and I and the kids enjoyed a great snowball fight. Yes, it was a good weekend.

There is about 6-7 inches of snow on the ground and it's still dumping. It's gorgeous out.
I probably should have picked up a few things at the store yesterday, but to be quite frank, I just didn't believe we would actually get any significant accumulation. Lately here, my guess has been as good as the weatherman's. Luckily, I have venison in the freezer and am stocked up on t.p. I'll survive. Besides that, my vehicle has AWD and it always makes me feel adventurous and independent to drive when the roads are"bad".

I'm trying to hook up with my friend T for this weekend. She is a Stayathomemom for 2 toddlers and doesn't get much chance to get out of the house by herself. When she comes down, we always have a great time--laughing,talking, watching silly movies, drinking wine, listening to music, eating take-out,etc. Hopefully we can work it out for this weekend. We try all year long to get together and seem to manage it about every 6 months.

I found a bulletin board-worthy quote today:

"A hundred years from now, it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove...but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child."


That's a good one! I needed to hear that right now since it looks like my funds are not going to be such that I can afford to do much in the way of further redecorating.*SIGH*

Well, the guy who has been working as my assistant photographer for weddings for the last few years has not returned my call about my upcoming weddings. I'm going to leave another message, but he has me worried. Apparently, he has moved in with some chick (according to the answering machine). I hope this doesn't throw a wrench into our arrangement. He and I work very well together and I've always paid him well. Man, I hope he calls me back. I have a few other people that I could call to help me, but one is in NoVa and the other I've never worked with before on a wedding (he's what I would consider an amateur) and the last guy I just don't know all that well. I have a couple of other folks who could be trained, but reliability and proper equipment might be an issue. And with wedding photography reliability is paramount.
I wish he'd just call me back!

Well, I guess I need to get back to work. Have a good day, everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, it was a good weekend wasn't it? And now we top it all off with some more snow! ( That's a cute picture of you and Q.) Love, Mom