Monday, November 21, 2005

The weekend

Saturday's first appointment was a no-show. That seems to have been a common theme for last week. At 3PM I met a Bride2B downtown at a beautiful old church building and spent an hour making bridal portraits. Then we traveled back to my place and spent another 45 minutes taking some gorgeous images in the meadow with the last rays of the golden fall sun on the mountains, in the background. I believe they may be the best bridal portraits I've ever shot. :0)

Sunday morning, late, I headed up to Mom&Dad's house to meet the family and welcome Race home. Everyone was already there when I arrived. Race looks good--none the worse for wear!

WELCOME BACK, RACE!!!

Me and the kids went down to the barn and played chase on the rows of hay bales. Q, who was hesitant at first, was running and jumping bravely with the big kids by the time we were ready to head back. Everyone had a great time and we were all a little tuckered out when the cell phone call from the house--the modern dinner bell--came through.

Little W was awake when we arrived back at the house. He is such a good talker now! And still just as cute as can be.

Supper was just fantastic, as it always is at home: steaks off the grill, Montreal seasoned; baked, buttered sweet potatoes, fresh green salad, thickly sliced hunks of crusty garlic bread. And the WHOLE family there together to laugh and talk and enjoy it!

Austin and Jackson and I (with Q popping in and out of the fray, occasionally) engaged in numerous to-the-death light saber battles in the front yard, by the light of the porch. The boys' padded swords from martial arts endured a thorough workout that evening, as my bruised and battered knees and elbows will attest! It was SO much fun.

This morning, we headed up to the skating center (minus Em& the Gang) and I spun tunes from the DJ box while the kids skated and played games and generally frolicked. From there, it was lunch at the little family pizza and sub place. The USA Shooting Competition arcade game was played non-stop until the food arrived. We've got some real sharpshooters coming up in the fam, I'd say!



Well, that was the weekend. I'm back home, now, and pretty tired. The next couple of days are going to be full--lots of work to be completed before I can head home again. I'm really looking forward to the holiday: family(the WHOLE family), food and hunting!!! Does it GET any better than that??

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update on the family. Didn't expect much from Melissa. Good to hear a few more details. Glad Race is all in one piece. Sounds like you all had a wonderful weekend.

Congrats on the super portraits.

Lynette

J-Lynn said...

I sent you a reply to the awesome e-mail you sent me about my camera. 4 days later (tonight) it returned to me bounced - how weird! lol So I'll thank you here in case it doesn't ever find your email box. YOu're the best!

Oh and you have to be the coolest aunt EVER. I want one like you! I had an aunt that did all sorts of neat things with me but then she had kids of her own and I remember feeling really hurt and left out. Before that she was definately the cool aunt though.

Congrats on the awesome photos, sorry about the no-show, and you made me drool with your description of the food! Plus Race added to the mix? Enjoy your piece of family heaven! It sounds SO nice, I think I may adopt you all...lol

HUGS

Anniesue said...

Wow...I sure wish I had an Aunt Thomasina!!!! Sounds like a great time. There really is nothing like having the WHOLE family together!

melissa said...

OOOHHHHH..YEAAAAHHHH!!!! Great times! Can't wait for Thanksgiving!
And, yes, yes, we would all want a wonderful Aunt Thomasina. As Dy says, "She's the only one who's not too tired!"
So true, so true. You win the Great Aunt Award!!!

Dy said...

That is SUCH a wonderful weekend. I'm so thrilled for Melissa and Race - for all of you. It's good to be together. Can't wait for some great Thanksgiving Day photos - you know, of the family and the WONDERFUL FOOD your parents will prepare!! (Seriously, get pics of the food!)

Dy

Dy said...

WHAT?!?!? It's FRIDAY NIGHT, Thom. No pictures from yesterday? Sheesh. Some people... *wink*

I hope you are thoroughly stuffed and sleeping it off. We toasted your family over supper and hope you had a splendid day with the family!

Dy

Anonymous said...

THOMA-SEEN-AH, WHERE ARE YOU??

I KNOW YOU'RE THERE!!

I'm in a real blog reading mood, and I've read this one 'till the screen is looking a little thin.

So let's hear a few words from ya!!

Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Ok, you have got to be like the best Aunt ever! LOL.