Sunday, November 13, 2005

Stuff that's been happening

Well, I just haven't felt like bloggin. I really haven't. And I still don't. But I will. Because eventually, I WILL feel like it again and I will have lost my little readership. :0D

SO:

Tuesday I worked the polls and Austin stood there with me and helped hand out literature to the voters. We both enjoyed ourselves. Later that evening, I headed back out to the post election "victory" party at the Wingate Inn with a dish of mini-fried-green-tomato-BLT
-biscuits-with-chili-mayo under my arm. Our local delegate was there and he won his race. I'd met him the week before at a campaign supper and he came over and asked how things went at my polling place. I'm glad he remembered me, as it's always good to have friends in high places. I met a few new people, but the atmosphere was not overly conducive to cheery, chatty conversation. As the numbers for the governor's race were flashing up on the TV screens, it became obvious that our candidate was getting beaten by a disappointingly large margin.

The better part of last week was spent deep in the midst of a massive home-office reorganization devoir (translation: throwing out a TON of CRAP!). I bought some new shelves and other organizational necessities at Lowes. I also purchased a toilet tank kit, which I'm dreading to deal with. It's just gross to mess with toilets, even if it IS just the tank part. Yuck.

My poor little shed is just bursting at the gills, but still, I keep hauling more stuff out there. It's gotta go somewhere and I simply cannot stand to have the clutter underfoot any longer. The massive shed reorganization devoir can wait until next spring!

Friday afternoon, Savannah and Jack came over to visit. Savannah and I did an art lesson while Jack explored the yard and played with Hilda. We then transformed Savannah into a beautiful Fall fairy and drove down the road to a pre-appointed location at a pre-appointed time when the sun is doing just what I need it to do. These are all works-in-progress, at this point, but I think they have a lot of potential. Savannah makes such a pretty fairy!

VU4R1087 copy

VU4R1081fairyc

VU4R1066fairyc2

VU4R1089fairyC


After de-fairying Savannah, we headed out for pizza and a movie. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory is weird but funny. We all enjoyed it. I dropped the kids off back at home and chatted with Melissa for a while.

Saturday was spent cleaning house and then prepping for a 4PM Senior session. The shoot went really well and the images are extremely good. The girl was attractive and easy to pose. Her mother, I despised. Truly. I'm not going to get into it, even, I disliked her so much. I don't often have that kind of gut reaction to a person, but rarely does my gut lead me astray.

Anyhoo, other than one of my lights breaking and another catching on fire, it was an uneventful session. Yep, that's right, up in flames. Had to fling it into the yard. Thankfully, it was the end of the session and I played it off the best I could. I mean, you can't exactly say "Oh, it happens ALLL the time, no worries!", but when I showed the girl her images she couldn't have cared less about the fire. SO, I guess that's good, right? Could've been alot worse! ;0)

Well, anyway, that's what's been happening with me. You're up to date!

G'night, folks!

P.S. Please continue to keep Melissa and Race and the kids in your prayers!!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your work is fantastic! I'm glad you post pictures from time to time. It's exciting to see what you come up with. I'm pretty much a stand-in-front-of-something-solid-so-you-show-up kind of photographer, aka a crappy one! You have imagination. I have the recessive creativity gene. :(

Lynette

Dy said...

Oh, keep throwing stuff OUT! You will not believe how much it helps to unfetter you from emotional bogging down. Or at least it works with me. I end up with only what I love and cherish in my life, and that's a great way to live. Fling! Toss! Clean like the wind!

LOL @ the flaming lamp and Lynette's "recessive creativity gene". I can totall relate to both.

Have a wonderful week!
Dy

melissa said...

Thom
LOVE the pictures! perhaps I am biased?? But I love them. Thanks so much for taking the kids for the evening. They had a truly wonderful time. It really helps. Totally hysterical about the flaming photo light! Wouldn't it be funny to superimpose a few flames onto one of her photos?!

I am with Dy-Throw it out! Keep only what you LOVE.
Oh, Lynette- I have that same gene!!

Anonymous said...

Those are so pretty! And you're right, Savannah does make a very pretty fairy.

Keep up the good work with the throwing stuff out. When you can come home for a couple of days, maybe we can throw stuff out together!! I'm learning I can fling with the best of 'em.

Glad you're senior portrait session went well. However, it sounds like maybe we need to invest in some new lights!! Can't have things catching on fire!

I'll bet those fried green tomatoes were a popular dish at the victory party.

Love, Mom

J-Lynn said...

Thanks for blogging to keep us readers satisfied. :-)

The pictures are gorgeous as always. Sounds like you guys had a fun night. How many girls can say they had to be de-fairied before pizza? too funnY!

Sorry about the mother at the photo session. Back in the day when I actually worked for a living (hehe) I worked for a tuxedo rental/sales shop. I loved the guys that came in, never had a problem but those brides? UGH - they were just plain MEAN most of the time. I can't tell you how many times I had to suck it up and smile through my teeth and say, "Hold on a minute mam, lemme get my boss for you".

HUGS - hope you get new lights soon - yikes! And we will keep praying for Melissa and family of course, you're such a great sister!
Jess

Thom said...

Thanks for all of the compliments, folks!

Lynette, thanks for commenting. Recessive creativity gene: TOO FUNNY! :0D

Dy, I am SO flinging junk out the door. Feels good!

Melissa, too funny about adding flames to the girl's picture. I'd actually do it if I didn't think the girl's nasty mother would use it to try and sue me!

Mom, the fried green tomato biscuits were GONE when I went back to pick up my dish. That's always a good sign!

Jess, glad you caught the de-fairying line. I was cracking up when I wrote it! Yeh, dealing with the public can be unpleasant. It's one of the reasons I finally quit the restaurant business, entirely!