Thursday, June 02, 2005

An Eventful Weekend

A special thanks to all who prayed for my unspoken request. It has been answered with a resounding "Yes!" All is well. Praise God from whom all blessing s flow.


Friday found me running around like a madwoman trying to get all of my errands run before I was due at the baseball field at 4:45pm. I got most everything accomplished (except hauling trash and cleaning my car). I was at the team shoot for 5 hours and shot two teams worth of posed and action shots and collected a very healthy amount of dough for my trouble.YESSS!

Saturday, I was packed and on the road by 12:30. It was a long trip and I was tired. When I made it to the farm, I tried to lay down for a few minutes but little Hilda has decided she's a watchdog now and barks furiously at any little noise. I didn't get much sleep Friday night for that very reason--she kept waking up and seeing her reflection in the mirror and ruffing viciously at that strange dog who had slipped in whilst she slept. I couldn't be mad because it was just so ridiculously funny.

Anyhoo, I walked the dogs and then headed over to Em's for babysitting detail. The boys were very excited and energetic and cute! The Dude was racing around getting together all the bits and pieces of his Hulk Hogan costume and enlisted me to inscribe "the Hulkster" on a torn t-shirt and do-rag.Then he headed out to the big 80's party. W had a bad runny nose and was a bit grumpy, but was really very well-behaved despite not feeling great.Many cars and choo-choo's traveled the "beltway" that night. And Q was a little ball of energy, swinging and kicking the ball around and laughing hysterically because I called Stella "Pootus". He informed me on Monday that she was called that because she was "full of poots, ha!ha!ha!". What a comedian! :0) They were both incredibly well-behaved and fun to babysit. I camped out on the couch with the baby monitor until the next morning.

I went back to the farm and took care of the dogs and laid down for a little while. Later, I walked the dogs and set up a portrait session at my friend J's house for that evening. It's about an hour's drive to the beach house, where Mom and Dad have been working tirelessly this past week to get things all fixed up. And wow does it show! The place looks great! I don't know why I didn't think to take some pics of it(Duh!).

I got the dogs settled in and chatted with Mom and Dad for a bit, then headed over to J's. Mom came along,too to see the kids and J's flower garden. The garden was absolutely beautiful! Her whole yard is just a sea of roses and various other multi-hued perennials and cultivated greenery. Just lovely! It was really nice to see her and her fam. The kids are growing like weeds and little A.G. is so cute and just hilarious--she's one of those kids that keeps you guessing as to what she might say next. Little A was in a very good mood and smiled and laughed right on cue for the camera. She was adorable in her little pink, smocked dress. The pictures are awesome! I can't wait to post them! (I have to show them to J first--it's only fair!).

Dad had the grill fired up when we arrived back at the beach house and steaks and baked potato and corn were on the table soon after we arrived. I can't begin to describe the joy that was that steak. I bow in reverence to both the butcher dept. at Hall's grocery and my Dad's abilities on the grill. Can I get uh Amen, people?

The next morning I awoke early with a nasty sore throat and watched the sunrise with Mom.
It was gorgeous coming up over the water.
IMG_7437 copy

As the day progressed I became more and more ill. Em and her crew arrived around 1pm and the boys headed straight to the water. Q is quite the little fish! We grilled hot dogs and burgers and by 3;30 we had crabs on the table and the picking began. MMMMM! Mom's shell pile was, of course, 3 times the size of everyone else's by the time the feasting was winding down. I think Mom and Dad both really enjoyed their anniversary feast (the only thing that could have made it better was if Mel and her gang could've been there.) :0)

By 5pm I was camped out on a blanket in the yard with a fever and aches and chills and runny nose, etc. Em and the Dude and Q did some fishing and W played in the sand and in the yard. W's very independent and fearless--he would head right out into the yard towards the beach without a second thought! I even fetched him out of the neighbors yard at one point. He's such a character! :0)
IMG_7459 copyIMG_7454 copyIMG_7452 copy

When Em and the boys left, I slept for a while and then sat down and had a long conversation with Dad about business prospects. I will save the contents of that discussion for another blog, but suffice it to say that I believe there are some big, exciting changes in the future for me and my business. ;-)

I didn't sleep well that night and woke up the next morning with all the same symptoms and completely congested,too. Mom and Dad headed back to the farm and I stayed one more night to get over the worst part of "the sick" before I drove home. I pretty much just slept that whole day.

Feeling better today (finally!) and thank goodness, because I have a ton of work to accomplish.
I still have my cigarette-and-whiskey voice(always makes me want to break out my guitar and belt out some old blues ballads) and my 3-pack-a-day laugh, but the fever's gone and I'm on the mend in general.

The dogs have worn themselves completely out playing tug-of-war with Hilda's collar (note to self: buy new collar for Hilda) and are curled up together in the floor. They're very cute.

Alright, I'm all blogged out and have things to do in the real world(as opposed to the world of blog, where I've spent the last hour!).

4 comments:

melissa said...

Wish we could have been there! The pics of the boys are too adorable. We miss those little guys! Can't wait to see pics of J's girls!

Anonymous said...

Aside from your feeling absolutely horrible, we did have a great weekend, did't we? Sure wish Melissa and the gang could have been there, but we all understand the need for personal family time. The pictures are just so cute and the one of the sunrise is gorgeous!! Maybe I could get one of those for the BEACH HOUSE. THANKS TO ALL OF YOU for the framed "STONEWALL" print. It looks wonderful in the frontroom. Love, Mom

Emily said...

It was a great day! Thanks for taking the pics of the boys! The one of Q running in circles and clapping over crabs is a riot!

Anonymous said...

Great Pictures as always Thomasina. Glad your Mom and Dad had a good Anniversary. It sounds like your family have a lot of good times together. I would like to see that with mine, but it doesn't look promising since one is in FLA and the other is here but don't see him much either. Well, maybe somday.....
Aunt D