Monday, June 13, 2005

Well, Friday evening the tooth went full-blown abscess despite the prescribed antibiotics 6pm Friday to 6am Saturday morning it was very, very bad. Saturday was spent in a combo of napping, working and eating soft,soft foods. By that evening, I was feeling considerably better and had actually accomplished a good bit of work,too.

As an early b-day treat, a friend took me out to my new favorite restaurant--Milano's. Excellent Italian food(nice, soft eggplant parmigiano) and good wine,too. A glass of Pino Gris finished off the evening nicely.

Sunday morning at breakfast, I received a call from Em. She and her fam were in town and invited me over to their in-laws to pick up my b-day gift. We spent an hour or two talking with the adults and playing with the boys. The boys are SO adorable: W is just talking up a storm and Q is still just smart as a tack. They were both cracking me up with their antics. They're such good kids--and getting SO big (small tear in my eye). I let Q open and present my gift to me: a bracelet, picture frame and wallet, all fashioned after the style of "the islands" and in my favorite color. Very thoughtful gifts, indeed. It was good to see everyone!

On the way home, I got a call from a customer and realized I owed her some sports images. She HAD to have them delivered by 5pm. SO. That took care of the afternoon! But, I got them finished in plenty of time. I took the dogs out for a romp in the field and did some more work, online.

This morning, I called the St Lucian Embassy, in D.C. to get a few passport questions answered and then proceeded to work online and field various birthday well-wishing phone calls. That's one of the great things about a b-day; all of the nice calls and emails from friends and fam--THANKS EVERYONE! :0)

I met for coffee and a Q&A session with my St Lucia bride and then headed over to the dentist to make an appointment for the morrow.

The rest of today has just been a blur of internet research, ordering supplies, walking dogs, cropping images, etc. And feeling very,very old. Birthdays, after 30, just seem less exciting somehow.*sigh*

Oh, big news: I got my mega-enormous-top-of-the-line-professional-digital-camera on Friday! I am, quite frankly, a little scared of her at this point. But I am slowly getting to know her and make her my good friend. I must learn her personality and capabilities inside and out before I head off to my big island wedding adventure.

Yes, we shall become very close, she and I. ;0)

Alright, I've got some more work to do before I hit the old sackaroo. 'night all!

2 comments:

Dy said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

I am so glad you found a way in to see the dentist. Bless that doctor and his references! {{hugs}}

Wow, I'm pooped just reading all you do each day. Way to go! Keep up the great work, and enjoy the heck out of the assignment in St. Lucia!!

Dy

melissa said...

Well, I for one am not coming here again if I have to read one more post about your tooth ache. just kidding. Glad you finally got your appointment. You sure don't want that sneeking up on you in St.Lucia.