Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Crazy busy day

Whew. I am one tired gal.

The day began with my usual coffee and a little something to eat (and a toothache).
I checked my Ebay bids, blog and email and caught up on the news. From there I washed clothes and prepared to run my errands, which included getting a cashier's check. I ended up on the phone arguing with the bank and emailing and calling the guy in Chicago I'm trying to buy a camera from (and I still had a toothache). Mom and Dad, bless their hearts, came to my rescue (again) and finally got it all straight for me. The check was overnighted and the camera will be her tomorrow.WHOOHOO!
I tanned again and went to the dump and worked on digital images. Then I loaded up my car with all my gear and prepared to head over to my on-location bridal portrait session--and I still had a toothache. So. I stopped what I was doing and called a dentist. And then another. And then another...13 more times! NO ONE would see me! Not one dentist's office would give me an appointment for tomorrow. Most said it would be at least a week. I'm in PAIN, folks. I kinda thought that might take priority as it very obviously indicates an infection. So, in desperation, I'm heading to the M.D. in the morning and begging for antibiotics to kill what is obviously the beginning of an abcess. I'm hoping this will catch it soon enough to stave off the 3-day pain-fest which normally accompanies an abcessed tooth. God help the poor M.D. if he doesn't give me the meds. I'm kidding (well, kinda).

Anyhoo, it was sunny with ominous clouds rolling in when I left home for the session. As I was pulling into the session location, the heavens opened up and it poured. The poor bride-to-be had just had her hair and makeup all professionally fixed--so we just sat there in our cars. Eventually we made it into the house and did an almost 2 hour session. I just finished downloading the images and they're great.I'm very pleased with them.

On the way home I stopped at the drugstore and picked up some toothache meds and then went for a long walk with the dogs. They have played, non-stop, since I got home this evening. They're good dogs.

Alrighty, folks I'm heading off to the sack very shortly. Goodnight all!

6 comments:

Emily said...

So glad we could see you today! The Garners were REALLY SO HAPPY that you and Bill stopped by. They LOVE THAT!! Hope you liked your b.day stuff. I can't BELIEVE I actually delivered a birthday gift early!!

Dy said...

A birthday? When is the happy day?

{{hugs}} on the tooth. I hope someone can see you sooner, maybe a cancellation?

Great job on all the jobs lately! WOOHOO!
Dy

melissa said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! YOU LOOK LIKE A MONKEY........AND YOU SMELL LIKE ONE TOO!

Remember THAT one?? Made ya laugh! Happy Birthday ol'girl. Don't fall and break a hip.

Emily said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Hope you liked your e-card (since I forgot to put your REAL one in with your prensent). It made me laugh. And don't worry, no matter how old you get, Melissa will always be older! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

melissa said...

O.K.- That was completely uncalled for.

Thom said...

HAHAHAHA!LOL!

Thanks everyone!!!!!