Monday, June 20, 2005

What a Great Weekend!

All of the sports reprints are FINALLY FINISHED!!!!!! :0)

Well, I did get some shopping done on Friday and had a bite out. I didn't realize how long it's been since I've clothes shopped (somewhere other than Goodwill, anyway *sheepish grin*). I am WAY out of touch with the latest--and by latest I mean within 3 years--fashions. I mean, I'm still wearing pants that are not low waisted or cropped or anything. What a nerd I am.
Anyhoo, got that all taken care of: low rise capris; cropped, colorful denims, layered tanks....yeh, I'm back in style. I hope none of that stuff goes back OUT of style in the next 3 years, 'cause that seems to be my average time between REAL clothes shopping trips. You know, I mean besides Walmart and the Re-run shops, HAHA!

FF to Saturday. I had to deliver Bridal portrait proofs and belatedly realized I was missing some. Scramble, scramble, scramble to get them printed and delivered. From there, it was on to cleaning my house---at least enough that I wouldn't be embarassed for the dogsitter to see it while I was gone. Packed for the weekend (in a papersack, actually, no lie!) and headed off to the Beach house.

Mom and Dad were there waiting, refreshingly cool beverages in hand. Melissa and the kids arrived shortly thereafter, and we enjoyed an evening of conversation and laughter, while the kids swam in the river.

Fathers Day was filled with cooking and eating and swimming and tree climbing (I can still climb with the best of 'em) and swimming and fishing and watermelon consumption and gift opening and laughter. It was a great day. I may come back to it in more detail in a later blog
( I'm too beat for details right now---I was up at 4:30AM this morning driving back from the beach for my 8:00AM root canal appointment. Oh joy.) In the meantime, here's a few images from the weekend:

VU4R4476 copy

IS there anything more fun than catching bubbles? I don't know what it would be!
VU4R4472 copy

Dad opening gifts with Q's help
VU4R4540 copy

The Walkman Cometh!
VU4R4483 copy

A really good one of Mom
VU4R4524 copy

I have more, but I'm too tired to post them. I'll try to catch up tomorrow. Goodnight all!

2 comments:

melissa said...

Your pictures are great! It WAS a good weekend!

Dy said...

Oh, aren't all those children just the cutest?!? You capture them so perfectly in each shot, too.

I'm glad you all had a great Father's Day.

Dy