Monday, August 01, 2005

Just a quick how-do-ya-do

I've spent the last 3 days scrubbing and organizing and cleaning carpets and painting and hauling junk to the outbuiliding. It's past midnight now and I have to repaint the wall I was working on because I truly despise this particular shade, now that it's dry. Dangit.*SIGH*

I have a really busy work week ahead and I'm trying to get all of the house revamping finished so I can hit the ground running.It's going SSSLLLOOOWW. The living room furniture is currently divided between the kitchen and the front yard. I'm really kind of hoping someone will just go ahead and steal the coffee table tonight so I don't have to move it again. Perhaps I should take down the "Beware of Dog" sign. Just for tonight. I really don't like that table, yet I lack the courage or fortitude to just haul it to the dump. It's an antique, I think, and I just keep hanging onto the fantasy that some fine day I'll repair that cracked wheel and I will sand it and revarnish it and I will love it and hug it and squeeze it and....Ah, well. The night is young and the neighborhood is full of ne'er-do-wells. Perhaps fate will smile upon me, yet, heh, heh. ;)

I have pics from Dad's b-day, Jack's B-day and some very cool images I did of Savannah, dressed as a medieval-woodland-fairy-maiden-type-girl. I just don't have time to post them right now. Aaannd I just spilled wine on my keyboard for the umpteenth time. Alrighty, then.
Gonna quit with the wine and get back to work.Will blog more when the housework is through. Nighty-night, all.

4 comments:

Emily said...

Good luck with the house cleaning! I have given up at least for the next 5-6 years. Check out my blog for pics and details of the Fair! LOL!!

Dy said...

When it's through? But, but, it's never "through"!

Actually, I was thrilled to see a post. I've been having withdrawls and wondering what you and Elvis have been up to. Saw your post on M's blog and was going to give you a hard time that any post, even an empty one, would garner comments. ;-)

Have a really great, productive week!

Dy

melissa said...

Well said, Dy. My thoughts exactly about the posting. And I happen to know that some very funny tragedies have befallen her in the past few weeks. Would make for very interesting reading....

Bridget said...

Missing you....