Monday, January 23, 2006

The last few days

I'm sitting here cropping portrait proofs and listening to Jack Johnson (he's SO cool).
Life is good.

The portrait session in Richie Town went well this morning. The pictures are great and I know the folks will be very pleased. I did make one incredibly STUPID mistake. I asked the mother when she was due---and she's not pregnant. Just has a pooch. I wanted to crawl under a rock and die! Ugh! Thankfully, she was very nice and not offended and just laughed it off.

Mom&Dad came down for a couple of hours on Friday. We all went out to lunch and then Savannah and Alex (13yo cousin) and I spent Friday afternoon at my house. We went for a long walk in the woods where we discovered a rotting cow carcass and explored an 1800's log cabin. Very exciting! Back at my house, we watched Phantom of the Opera and ate junk food. Melissa then treated us all to supper at the Outback (thanks again, BTW!!). A very enjoyable day with all the girls!

Saturday, it was off to the indoor waterpark with Melissa, where Savannah and 3 of her friends spent the day sliding and splashing and swimming and eating and playing arcade games. I ventured into the water for a couple of rides down the water slides. It was fun, but MY I'm getting old. 2 slides were aplenty for me! The girls went non-stop all day! A good time had by all. I have pictures that I'll give to Melissa to put on her blog.

My bathroom is painted and the fixtures are up, but I still need to do a little organizing and get some decorative stuff to hang on the walls. I have the supplies to start on my floor, but need to accomplish a few other things, workwise, before I begin ripping up the carpet. It's going to be a tremendous job, but should be very worth it!



9 comments:

Anniesue said...

He does sound like a catch...the farm locked it for me!

Bridget said...

That sounds exciting, all the good qualities in a guy.
Bridget

Emily said...

HOLY CRAP!!! Never ever, ever, ever ask a woman when she's due!!!

But really, that is way too funny! I'm glad she took it well. And look at the bright side, you may have started her on a road to fitness and a healthier lifestyle :) And a few of your "magic touches" on the proofs may not hurt business either. KWIM?

And enough with all the tee-heeing! Post a picture of prince fly-guy! And I am sure all of the faithful readers of your blog will let you know if he is tee-hee worthy. Don't you trust us? :)

~Em

Dy said...

Ahhh, but is he an NRA member? C'mon, gotta hit the important parts! Some law enforcement guys think they're the only ones who should be packing and that's just not the kind of man we'd want our Thomasina hanging out with. ;-)

Rule of thumb on the due date thing - don't ask unless she's in labor. LOL. I'm sure you managed a good recovery, though. ;-) If it helps, Zorak likes to tell people I'm not pregnant, just fat - even when I'm 8 months along!

Dy

J-Lynn said...

Dy beat me to it. I was going to tell you that one of my favorite pasttimes when I'm like 9 months pregnant and people asking me when I'm due is saying, "Huh? I'm not pregnant, what makes you think I'm pregnant?" That one NEVER gets old! Zorak and I would be dangerous together...rofl Hey, maybe that lady *is* pregnant and doesn't know it yet. ;-)

Ooooooooh I'm so happy you threw me a bone - I didn't want to beg again...lol He sounds great Thom! You are very wise to be cautious but I'm really excited for you. Imagine if it works out and you've blogged from the very beginning - how neat is that?

HUGS!

Thom said...

Thanks for all the comments and well wishes, folks! I have a nice picture of Prince Flyfisher, but I don't know that I'm ready to post it just yet. Trying not to jump the gun, here!

Anniesue, I have to admit that the farm is a positive selling point in my book,too!

Em, the digital retouch on this woman is going to be phenomenal--she's gonna look like Cindy Crawford when I'm through, LOL! Anything I can do to make up for my STUPID comment!

Dy, don't you worry. I could NEVER date a man who didn't respect my 2nd ammendment rights!

Too funny about the "huh, I'm not pregnant" thing, Jess! LOL!

Anonymous said...

well thank heavens for bones - he sounds pretty good to me so far girl. You're just teasing all of us and loving it aren't you?

Looks like you've been having a good time lately too. I can't wait to hear more about those floors....oh and your prince ;o)

Dy said...

OK, *sigh of relief* I can rest easy now. :-)

Yes, Jess and Zorak are not allowed out in public together unless *I* have backup! Trust me!

And ya know, now that it's been mentioned, James did ask Claudia if she was pg. back in August when they came to visit. I was appropriately mortified. But guess what -- HA HA! She WAS pregnant, just didn't know it yet! ROFLOL!

Dy

melissa said...

Late commenting on this one, but the comments are more hilarious than the post! You have some funny readers out there! Oh, and rest assured as soon as I meet Prince flyfisherman, I will be giving a FULL REPORT over at MY BLOG! LOL!