Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Hilda-rator, Hilda-stani, Hilda-gaard, the Fabulous Miss H,...

What am I going to do with little Hilda?????

Pros:
*adorably cute
*bursting with hilarious puppy personality
*intelligent and easy to train
*Elvis plays with her non-stop during the day--good for him to have the companionship and exercise
*I love her (can't help it, tried not to)


Cons:
*I'm living in a rental house
*I'm living in a very small rental house
*Extra expenses-dog food, vet, pet sitter, rawhides (holy cow, the rawhides they've gone through!)
*I can't haul Hilda about like I do the Big E, when I travel
*My fam and friends think I've gone quite mad

I think I could let her go if I found someone who would take care of her the way that I have, ie.
regular vet trips, sleeps in my bed, long outdoor romps in the country, companionship with other dogs, lots of playtime, tons of attention,not just allowed to run around the neighborhood loose and be a nuisance (like EVERY other dog in my area), etc.

I'm thinking seriously about asking my pet sitter if she might be interested. She's the first possibly interested person I've met(with the exception of Dy and her crew) to whom I might be comfortable giving my little Hilda away. I've had a couple of people in my "neighborhood" offer to take her, but I see the way they treat the pack of yard dogs they already have and there's NO way!

I keep being advised to put it in the paper-FREE PUPPY- or put up signs, but I don't have time for the extended screening process that would be required of potential new Hilda owners. And I'm thinking that when I ask about their previous pet-owning history, in written form with documentation and try to schedule a time to visit their home and meet their kids, it might put some folks off, anyway, heh-heh. That's a joke. Sorta.

Alright, I'll have to go. They've snagged a sock out of the hamper and are tug-of-warring like there's no tomorrow. Gotta go break it up.

2 comments:

melissa said...

I really don't have anything to say. I just don't have any comments on my last post either, so I thought that I would leave something on yours. So. There ya go.

Dy said...

Aw. Poor Hilda. If she can't stay there, I know she'll find the right place to be. {{hugs}}

Dy