Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Busy,Busy,Busy

The last few days have been full but semi-productive, through no fault of my own.
I was on a roll getting reprints and enlargements and sports images printed, when the printer decided to act up. This led to placing an order with a supply company, which led to the discovery of a problem with an order purchased from a different company which led to a most disconcerting problem with my bank account. After much time spent on hold with banks and supply companies, the problem was resolved in a 3-way phone call initiated by the bank. I am very proud of myself for not losing my temper throughout the whole debacle--at least not to a point that I unleashed it on some poor sap on the other end of the line. I've been known to do that on occasion when I feel like I'm being "messed with".

Today's problem was a moronic Fed-ex driver causing the delivery of my much needed overnight package to be held up until tomorrow. So now I'm a full two days behind on accomplishing what I needed to this week. Kinda irritating. Kinda frustrating

I had an art lesson with Savannah this morning, using our newly purchased charcoals. She really loves and excels at that particular medium. After the lesson was finished, we picked a nice bouquet of flowers for my living room and walked the puppy . Lunch was Sonic(low-cal chicken wrap--pretty tasty; I mean not like burger and tots tasty, but pretty good) with Melissa and the kids, sans Austin who was apparently pretty exhausted from all of his sports activities and opted to stay home.

I went WAY off my diet for several days. It was bad, folks.
Monday saw the return of calorie counting.*sigh*
The St.Lucia job is looming on my horizon like some shadowy menace instead of a trip to a sunny island paradise. Gotta lose weight, gotta do it. Time is short. Must be thin and tan. Must. Will be uninhibited enough to SCUBA dive and snorkel. And parasail. Will bask on the beach in (dare I even think it?) a two-piece while sipping a tropical beverage. Oh, yeh, and take some wedding pics, too, heh-heh.

Business, in general, has picked up. I have on-location, fine art portrait sessions and more sports team shoots lined up in the coming weeks. The gal I did a session for on Sat. is opening up a fancy-schmancy boutique in a new and happening "money" part of town and has asked me to do runway style images of models wearing her merchandise. These images will be prominently displayed throughout the store, with my name on them. THAT is excellent exposure for my business to the moneyed peoples I'm so desperately seeking to attract. The blessings just keep pouring in, my friends!

BBBS will be hooking me up with a kid in August. Apparently, nothing popped up in my background check. Shew! LOL! ;0)
I start volunteer work at a local soup kitchen/homeless shelter next week. Should be interesting. I've never done anything like that before. I'm looking forward to it.

I have a favor to ask. I have an unspoken prayer request. It's not for me, but for someone I care for very much. Thanks!

Well, I need to hit the hay. It's another busy day tomorrow.

Goodnight, all.

3 comments:

melissa said...

You've come a long way girl!
I can't wait to find out about the homeless shelter stuff. I think that this would be a great way for the kids and I to be involved! Way to go!
Savannah had a great time yesterday, and she is thoroughly enjoying charcoal drawing. Amazing!

Anonymous said...

Glad you got all those problems straightened out, without losing your temper. Hopefully, things will run a lot smoother for you the rest of the week. I'm glad Savannah's art lessons are coming along so well. She has more talent in her little finger than I have in my whole body. She's just a natural. Stick to that diet! I know you can do it, I've seen you do it. 2 dress sizes in 2 weeks!! Not exactly healthy, but you did it. The homeless shelter work sounds interesting. I helped out in Fredericksburg through the church. Glad your business is picking up! You may have to hire a helper!! Love, Mom PS. Thanks

Emily said...

Sounds like things are rolling right along down in the hills. BTW, Camm wanted me to tell you to fire your helper for the Tropics job, she would be much better suited. LOL!!
And I think it is awesome that you are volunteering. I can't wait until we are more of a mobile family (kids get just a little older) so we can start doing that stuff again. You really will enjoy yourself, guaranteed!!