Friday, May 12, 2006

Too busy to post

So I'll just hit a few highlights and fill in the details later.

*Spent the weekend at the folks' with the fam, visiting with Uncle Roy and his brother. Good food, good company, soft bed. NICE.

*I hope Melissa doesn't kill me for posting this first, but I'm bursting with the news: Austin hit his first homerun!!!!!!!!! He slid headfirst into home and scored!!! It was SOOOO awesome to see!!

*On the way home from Mom&Dad's, I stopped to visit a good friend whom I haven't seen in months. We talked and laughed and made plans to get together over the summer.

*Hilda made her very first kill. I am such a proud Mommy! She appeared at the doorstep last night with a rabbit in her mouth. She had run it down and snapped it's neck. I really didn't think she had it in her! Perhaps my veggie garden will survive, after all!

*A couple of challenging portrait sessions have come and gone with successful results. Also, I've booked two more weddings and am scheduled to go to a Pro seminar next week with a friend--should be informative and fun!

*Heading to a district political meeting on Saturday with our local treasurer. I'm a Delegate. I guess I'll find out what that really means when I get there(?).

* My floors are still in a halfway state of completion. I just cant seem to find the time to get them finished! All of my living room furniture is in the kitchen and every time I have a session or consultation I have to rearrange the whole house. It's getting a little frustrating. Ah, well. There's always next week.

All in all, I'm WAY busy.

3 comments:

Dy said...

Oh wow - it's been busy in your neck of the woods! Thanks for the update. Did you get pics of Austin's homerun? That is SO awesome. I hope Race got to see it. :-)

Get that floor done, woman! You're starting to make me nervous - how hard is a floor??? :-S

Dy

J-Lynn said...

ROFL you posted for Dy, the woman that did the house in a few months, to read. I think I'd be like you and have it halfway done forever but that's because we don't have partners to nudge us. Zorak comes in handy for Dy and vice versa (I'm telling all her secrets). ;-) My husband, as much as I love him, is an excuses kind of guy. A "I'll do it tomorrow" man. SO I've learned to do a lot (I call it character growth...rofl).

Anyway, CONGRATS to Austin, how exciting!

Glad you had a great visit and WoooHooo@Hilda! I really need a good mouser cat this summer myself.

HUGS - glad you're getting good work done!

Thom said...

There are days when I would gladly LEND you Hilda for a few days,LOL!

Thanks, Jess!!