Thursday, April 27, 2006

Easter '06!

Once again, Easter at Melissa's house was just awesome. All the family together enjoying good conversation and laughter in the setting of her newly (beautifully!) remodeled house. The kids all running around and playing and giggling, high on sugar. And of course there was the food:

Macaroni and cheese, fried cabbage (you know, the really exquisite kind with bacon and sugar? Heck yeh!), deviled eggs, pea salad, green salad, ham bicuits, asparagus with bernaise sauce, green beans-n-taters, glazed carrots...
VU4R3448
VU4R3452
Is that a pretty salad, or what!!
VU4R3453

The Desserts required a whole 'nother buffet table unto themselves!
VU4R3449

Let the feasting begin!!
VU4R3457

Let the games begin! Easter Egg Hunt 2006!
VU4R3480
This picture cracks me up!!!
VU4R3485

The Big Kids did all the hiding and tallying of the eggs, this year...
VU4R3488

Egg hunting works up quite an appetite--Jack and Q go back for seconds on the mac-n-cheese!
VU4R3460c

W had a blast with that toy gun! I SO dig that little "I'm gonna get you" smile!
VU4R3497

A little tip: when penniless on Easter and in need of gifts for your niece and nephews, a little scrap material wrapped around a few pieces of candy and garnished with fresh flowers will work in a pinch! Ask me how I know this, LOL!
VU4R3459

It was a great holiday spent with family and friends!! Thanks again, Melissa and family!!!

5 comments:

Anniesue said...

Thanks so much for the pictures! They really show a loving family having a great holiday together!

J-Lynn said...

Hey, I use ribbon and extra fabric to wrap almost anything these days (we're usually always penniless - LOL).

Beautiful pictures!

Dy said...

OMG, her new floor is exquisite! WOW!

I love the hidden egg picture - so who found it?

Once again, it looks like y'all totally outdid yourselves in the Wonderful Family Gathering genre. Your Mom looked her usual lovely, graceful self - so pretty, and so elegant!

But, but, WHOSE kids are those? They're like the other ones, only... BIGGER! :-) And still so cute.

And a special thank you for the gratuitous food shots. Mmmm. YUM!
Dy

Emily said...

Thanks for the pictures! It was a great Easter! The boys were sacked out in the back of the bus on the way home :)
And THANK YOU, THANK YOU for NOT taking (or at least posting) big fatty prego butt pics of me. Really, I am sooo thankful for that!

~Em

Bridget said...

The pictures were great. Don't you just love Easter. Sorry to hear about your computer, I know what that is like and I thank God for my brother and his knowledge of fixing my computer. I will have to blog about the easter egg hunt at my Mother in law's. If I can just find some time.
Bridget