Monday, April 03, 2006

A Four Dog Night

I had a couple of incredibly cute visitors mysteriously appear on my back deck one night last week. Is there perhaps a sign in my yard that indicates that cute, unwanted animals should be dropped here, because the chick that lives here is a big, giant succer and will take them in and care for them?
I can't find it, but the sign MUST be here somewhere! This is how I ended up with little Hilda, remember.

VU4R2547c
c

VU4R2542c



They were all cold and wet and shivering and terrified when I found them, so I brought them inside and made a bed for them in the bathroom. After partaking quite voraciously of the offered food, they settled in and went to sleep. It was a LONG night of whimpering and whining and restlesness from the puppies AND my dogs who are NOT used to canine visitors in their home. The next day, I let the little critters roam freely about the house and yard and interact with Elvis and Hilda (which was hilarious!!--Hilda's never encountered a dog smaller than herself before), while I finished the day's printing assignment. Later in the afternoon,
I packed them up and headed over to the local SPCA, where I was assured that they would be adopted very quickly. It was hard to let them go, but I just CAN'T have any more pets.
They were sweethearts, but one 4 Dog Night is all my tiny little household can handle. It was fun to have them visit for the day, though! :0)

7 comments:

GiBee said...

Oh, they are so cute! Cute, cute, cute!

Anniesue said...

They are so cute, but I agree that 4 dogs in one house would be a bit much. Thanks for the pictures! They must have been using their keen dog senses to know yours is a good home!

Anonymous said...

I bet Heldia passed the word about you on one of her walks. I am glad you let them have a slumber party at your place for the night. I know they liked the food your served them too. They won't forget you Thomasina. The Lord blessed you wil a loving heart for his creatures.

Aunt D.

J-Lynn said...

Did you wash them? They look so CLEAN! I'm not a dog person and even I think they are adorable! I just wanted to cuddle them!

You did the right thing! :-)

Jess

Emily said...

Enough with the dogs already!! I want to see my kids' Easter pics!! :)

Emily said...

COME ON!!!!!

Dy said...

OK. I have been patient. I know you single folk like to stay out late and party hard. But Easter was FOREVER AGO and there are no Easter Pictures. How about floor pictures? Dating updates? Food? (I really miss the food posts. We ate steak, cabbage and potatoes for supper - yes, we think we're an Irish family. Not one thing in that menu with an accent, or a marinade, okay?)

And it's not like Melissa is blogging and can tell us you're okay! So. Blog already.

'K, I'm done now. :-)
Dy