Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Iced In

I've lost 12 lbs!!!

Of course the Fred Flintstonesque hunk of Prime Rib I consumed last night while dining out with the folks probably wasn't within the boundaries of my allowable caorie intake for the day. But it was SOOOO worth it. And I'm comfortably back on the dieting wagon again, now. I feel pretty certain that I can lose another 12lbs by the middle of January. Man it feels good to be working out and slimming down! :0)

I am currently trapped at my folks' house by inclement weather. Driving in the snow holds no special fear for me. ICE, is the problem. I will NOT drive in the ice if I do not HAVE to. So my 2 appointments today were rescheduled and I'm sitting here bored.Thought I would share my boredom with you all, heh-heh.

On the cyber-dating front, things are pretty quiet. I have spoken to several men on the phone and the callers have run the gamut from poor redneck to rich snob; from ultra sensitive man to rough and ready guy. I've encoutered everything from men who are "searching for a lifelong soulmate" to guys "just lookin for a chick to ho around with" (I'm paraphrasing here, but barely). I've been asked out a few times, but declined all offers, so far. You know, I'm not looking for perfect, here, just somewhat normal would be a nice start, though. *sigh*

I hunted on Tuesday, but didn't have any luck. Yesterday, Em brought the boys over and we ate lunch together and then played all afternoon. They are so cute and so adorably funny!!
Q is developing quite a strong artistic bent and we drew a zillion crayon pictures together. W is SUCH a mess! That little personality is just SO fun to watch!

I had 2 sessions planned while I was in town, but one cancelled and the other, now that it's done, looks like a non-paying affair. I think I do way too many of those, sometimes.

Well, I guess I'd better go and get a workout. Time to start burning off last night's indulgences.

Have a great day!

6 comments:

J-Lynn said...

Congratulations on the weight loss! That's next on my agenda after a few months anyway. Now that we're done with kids it's time for me to regain somewhat of a shape (other than round) again...lol DH is doing it with me too. 12lbs is a great loss!

Sorry the cyber-dating thing isn't working out so far. I don't remember real life dating being any different really...lol

Sorry about the non-paying job, how frustrating! Hope you get just enough work steady soon...

Hugs

Anniesue said...

Way to go! I know it's not easy but it sounds like you're very disciplined!

I can imagine a lot of things worse than being iced in at your mom and dad's...I'm sure you're having a great time!

Anonymous said...

12 lbs.! Yippee! Happy for you! I'm jealous that you can enjoy working out, though. I have THE. HARDEST. TIME getting motivated to workout. I hate pain and exercise is B-O-R-I-N-G to me. Suggestions?

Lynette

Bridget said...

That's great about the 12 lbs. I know what a great cook your Dad is, so there is no way you could have turned down anything he cooked. Keep up the good work.
Bridget

Emily said...

WOO-HOO!! 12 lbs! Way to go!!
I have had The Firm workout DVD's on my eBay watch list for a while now. I need to go ahead and just buy them. I need to tone up the flab.

We are all counting the days until Christmas! Can't wait to hav the whole family together!!

melissa said...

Em, I feel for you already on the FIRM tapes.

Thom- enough already. POST SOMETHING NEW! For crying out loud, you are in the dating scene! I KNOW that there are hilarious post's waiting to written. Sheesh! Some people need to get their priorities straight!