Saturday, December 03, 2005

A Few Words, a Few Pics

The last couple of days have been very productive. Between work-outs, website rennovations, bridal portrait proofing, house reorganizing, etc., I'm a little drained. It feels good, though.

Yesterday was my first meeting with my Little Buddy. That's how the Big Brothers, Big Sisters people refer to the child with which they match you. I'm not an official "Big Sister", at this point. I'm beginning this at the Buddy level, meaning I spend one hour per week with my Little Buddy during school hours. This poor little girl with whom I've been matched is so in need of someone to spend time with her.She was so closed when we first started talikng. By the end of an hour, and with the help of hand puppets, she was opening up and showing little glimmers of her personality.

Having never done anything like this before, I really felt like a fish out of water. Upon leaving the school, I decided it might be a good idea to study up on child psychology. I'm only there to be a "role model" or "mentor", not a counselor. But I need to know what I'm dealing with and how to approach my time with her to make the most of it. I would appreciate any prayers and advice that anyone might like to offer up for me and my Buddy. ;0)

I've been chowing down on the venison sausage this week. It's very lean and I wrapped it in small (lower calorie *SIGH*) portions for freezing. I've had deer and eggs (well, egg) and cream chipped deer and Mexican deer omelets and the list goes on and on (don't worry, I throw a little roughage in there, too!). It's cheap, it's lean, it's tasty and I'm realizing more and more, VERY versatile. This is my 5th day of dieting and the venison has really helped me stick with it.

And now, to liven up this most desperately boring blog, I offer a bit of eye candy.

Highlights from Q's 5th B-day

VU4R1521

VU4R1525

VU4R1529

VU4R1552

VU4R1534

VU4R1568

VU4R1578


Have a good day, everyone!



4 comments:

Anniesue said...

The smile in the last one is precious. It exudes genuine joy! Thanks for letting us share in it.

Anonymous said...

You are just THE most versatile woman I know. You span the gammot from deer hunter to gourmet chef to wedding photographer with no seams where the extremes meet. How well rounded! Was Melissa your teacher growing up?

Your blog is NOT boring, but thanks for the photos anyway.

Lynette

Emily said...

AWWW!! Thanks for posting those pictures! The last one of Q & Emma is too cute. Absolute joy on Q's face. And to think this time last year they could not be together for more than 10 minutes w/o fighting like cats & dogs! MY HOW TIMES CHANGE!

J-Lynn said...

That last picture is SO cute!

I'm going to have to pick your brain for venison recipes if DH ever catches one...next year *sigh* lol

The big sister thing sounds wonderful. I don't have any advice other than to just listen to her. I'm sure she hasn't had anyone really listen before. The best gift you can give her is your full attention and making her feel special. You are doing something wonderful Thom. Really making a difference. :-)

Have a wonderful week.