Thursday, May 06, 2010

Easter '10

   My time for blogging, here lately, has been...um...limited...at best.  So, I'm JUST getting around to putting up a few pictures from the Easter holiday spent at ye old homestead. But it was a wonderful holiday and I just had to share a few of the memories!

Dad, preparing The Meat. 


A word about The Meat: Allen Bros Prime Rib Roast, dry cured. It was smoked over hickory to a lovely medium rare. That is Prime grade beef, people, not just Grade A. It was a very special treat that Dad prepared for all of us, with his usual exemplary level of culinary expertise.
A lovely array of desserts was also on hand


Random images of all the youngsters

Hilda, egged on by a hysterically laughing Q, doing the crazy-wild-puppy-run


Wherein Jackson hi-jacks my camera and takes pictures of random things including a buzzard, a pile of cow poop, himself in the car mirror and my butt as I went to open the gate. You should all thank me profusely for not posting that last one **shudder**  I think I need lay off the old Prime beef, heh-heh! :-D





3 comments:

Pastor Matthew Eades said...

I cannot believe how your parents seem to have not aged a bit in the last 16 years since I last saw them. I always loved your mom's updo! Anyway, beautiful pictures of a lovely day!

Bridget said...

I love the pictures. It's been foreverrrr since I've blogged, you may have inspired me. Maybe, no promises

Thom said...

Eades, Mom and Dad just never seem to change, do they? I'm so glad you liked the pictures. Please stop by often! I'm trying to get back into the blogging habit.

Bridget, YES, you should definitely get back to blogging!! No maybes--just BLOG!!
Thanks for stopping by, girl! :-D