Friday, March 30, 2007

Still Kickin'!!

I'm taking a break from my campfire to jot down a few words about the last few weeks. God has given me the following opportunities and blessings:

* to see prayers for a loved one's health and comfort answered
*to be helpful to a homeless family
*to rescue someone's beloved pet from certain death
*to book what looks to be a hugely profitable wedding
*to spend time with my oldest nephew---just hangin' out


I had been floating in and out of a mental rut and feeling pretty sorry for myself and how tough things were for me, lately. It's easy enough to do---feeling sorry for yourself, that is.The above happenings served to put the little difficulties and problems in my own life into perspective. By the grace of God alone, I am one BLESSED gal!

I've been sitting in front of a campfire in the back of my house, just soaking in all that this beautiful evening has to offer. Pleasantly cool air, starry sky, bright moon, cup of green tea, Honduran cigar, E.M Forester novel, frolicking dogs, that awesome campfire smell. I don't deserve any of it but there it is nonetheless. All for me to enjoy. God is SO good.

Say a prayer of thanks tonight for all the blessings, big and small, that a gracious God has given to you and those you love. Don't take anything for granted.

I'm headed back out to my fire now. Thanks for stopping by!

G'night all! :0)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

God certaintly has a way of putting things into perspective doesn't He?
So good to talk to you today. Glad for the new bookings.
Can hardly wait for next weekend. EASTER! Looking forward to having everybody here!!

Love you, Mom

Bridget said...

You have been missed, sorry you have been going through a hard time. My Mom always tells me that you have to go over the mountain to get to the valley, so keep your spirits up, good things are coming.

Emily said...

Glad things are looking up! I always find that giving of myself is the best therapy. And there never seems to be a lack of need, if we just open our eyes and ears. :)
Looking forward to Easter!

Dy said...

Oh, Thom, I know the feeling. I look at my life, and *know* I don't deserve any of it. But I'm so, so thankful for it. All of it. I'm glad you're at a spot where you can look around and have the same knowledge that you're loved and looked after by One who loves you, and the family He's put here to love you, too.

And hangin' out w/ the nephews - that's always good stuff, no? :-D

Dy

melissa said...

Great post, and great reminder. I can't wait to see everyone at Easter!!

J-Lynn said...

Get a laptop and let us join you on your campfire meditations! lol

It sounds like you're in a deep growing season in your life. Time to sit back, assess, do some weeding and enjoy the blossoms that are about to come. :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi Thom, sounds like you could use a ((hugs)). Thank you for this reminder that sometimes we need to take our minds off ourselves for a moment to realize just how great we have it.

God is soooo good indeed!!