Tuesday, February 13, 2007

The Last Few Days

I was sick over the weekend and had to stay holed up at home. I'm all better now, so today and yesterday I was able to get out and run errands and take the dogs for long walks in the fields and woods. It felt good to get back out into the world again.

Last night I ate chili (Melissa's really is the BEST in the world) with Melissa and the kids. I sat on her gorgeous new sofa and we talked about pictures and decorating and whatnot. It was a very enjoyable evening. She lent me her "The Office" and "Arrested Development" DVD's, so I may treat myself to a "TV" night later this evening. I don't have any TV service or cable or anything here, so that's a big deal for me! BTW, if you've never watched the "Arrested Development" series (only available on DVD, since the show was cancelled), you do NOT know what you are missing. It's hilarious!

It was a productive day of reprints and business e-mails and phone calls. I also took a little time today to look into volunteering with the Meals on Wheels organization and/or the YMCA. The BBBS thing didn't work out too well, so I'm looking for new volunteer opportunities. I'm still active in politics, but there's just not a lot going on this time of year where I can be of service, politically speaking.

My house is a mess, but I'm not stressing over it (it's pretty obvious to those who've actually visited my house, that I normally don't stress myself over such things, heh-heh). I don't have any appointments scheduled and due to the weather, it's looking like I'll have plenty of time to devote to housework tomorrow.

I'm looking forward to getting up in the morning and seeing the world all crystallized around me. Tonight, the freezing rain is coming down in buckets. It's cold and icy and windy outside. I'm thankful to be safe and warm and sheltered here in my little house with my dogs to keep me company.

3 comments:

Bridget said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better, we've missed you. It's miserable to be cooped up in the house for too long.

melissa said...

Thanks for coming to my rescue last night! The kids had a great time! Oh- and I can't WAIT to get those pictures up!! (excited squeal)

Dy said...

Melissa got a new sofa?

I love being warm in the winter. It's one of those times that I thank God even more than usual for having been born in *this* century. In *this* country. I was telling Zorak the other night that it was pretty cold, so I turned the heat up two degrees. And I was SO thankful, in that moment, to be able to do that. *happy sigh*

Stay warm!
Dy