Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Home Improvement

Guess what I'm doing??? WASHING CLOTHES!!!!!!!!!!! The Lowe's guys just left and I'm basking in the glow of my brand-spanking new, freshy installed washer and dryer! Woohoo!!! Both appliances had to be installed in my bedroom (instead of the bathroom, where I'd originally planned for them to go) and are blocking the door to my tiny junk closet. And I don't even care! I'm just so glad to have them!! Will I ever grow tired of the gentle, melodic thrum of the washer agitating? Or the light, rhythmic beat of the dryer turining? Oh, I think not.

Another bit of good news. I have removed the carpet and scraped the padding/glue off of about two thirds of my living room floor. And to my great surprise and joy, have found that there is beautiful HARDWOOD plank flooring under there! It's gorgeous! I think it's oak---the natural grain is just lovely. Me and Nice Neighbor Boy have been working on it in the evenings this week. It's slow going and tedious---hunched over on hands and knees scraping off the old padding and glue and gunk. But it will be worth it!

Also, I've located a leather futon cover to replace my old ratty cloth one. The dog hair will just slide right off that succer! And dirt can be cleaned off easily with a damp sponge. It's not cheap, but when you combine the lower maintenance issue with the fact that it's going to look AWESOME in my living room---well, 'nuff said.

Right now, I'm working on three different picture orders that are all due tomorrow. So, I guess I'd better get back to work. I have some other things I'd like to post, but I'm just too swamped right now. Later, then!

3 comments:

Emily said...

WOW!! Good goin' with the washer & dryer and the floors!

Sorry I missed meeting the new beaux the other day with the rest of the family. And, if I may make a suggestion...as I recall, new beauxs are often a good hand at household chores like repairing hard wood floors ;)

Hope to see you soon!

~Em

melissa said...

A washer and dryer, huh? Well. That's it. They'll be no livin' with ya now!

Congratulations on the early spring cleaning stuff!!

J-Lynn said...

WoooooHOooooooo congrats on the new washer and dryer! I bet those suckers are quiet!

Congrats on the original hardwood as well, what a treasure of a find!

How are things with Johnny Law? Yeah, I'm nosy but love me anyway. ;-)