Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Brief Update

Since last blogging, the following things of note have occurred:

*I wrecked my car, resulting in a nice goose egg and a sore neck. The car is back running (many thanks to my friend) and the injuries healed.

*I have started back working-out again like I mean it.

*I have made a major (positive, I think) change in my life. I'm having a tough time of it, right now. Things should start to get better in a few weeks. In the meantime, prayer would be appreciated

*On one of my runs in the National Forest I spotted the massive buck with the massive rack that I shall attempt to make my own as soon as the appropriate season arrives.

*I have been involved in the foiling of two separate attempts by the craven and dastardly group of sub-humans known as poachers to spotlight deer in "my" field. I despise cheaters.

*Two successful art lessons with Savannah have transpired and two successful home cooked meals have been enjoyed by myself and Melissa and the kids.

*Major accomplishments on the business front:
.(1)Completion of ALL the St. Lucia proofs
(2)Big lead on the astoundingly cool albums I've been searching for, so tirelessly
(3)Two more wedding consultations scheduled, using my new package prices
(4)Making some headway on improving the look and content of my website
(5)May have found another competent assistant for wedding photography--will know more after the weekend.

*Hilda's first, and last episode of "womanhood" has been survived (although it required the discharge of firearms in the wee hours of the morn' on more than one occasion to discourage her would-be suitors and protect her maidenly honor).

*It would appear that the way is clear for me to get a "Little Buddy" in the BBBS program. Just waiting for the call. :0)

* It became abundantly clear to me that the organization of my political party in this area is either non-existent or just sucks. I have tried 3 times to get in touch with ANYONE in the organization in order to volunteer my time and talents to further the conservative cause. Or just, like, get a sign for my yard. SOMETHING.
No one seems to give a rip. May have a Rant about that later.

*I'm beginning to think that my landlords are avoiding me on the whole new floor issue. It's been more than 10 days since I talked to them. Am I just being impatient and paranoid? I'm at least willing to admit that that's entirely possible.


Alright, that's all I've got. Will blog more when feeling more humorously inclined. G'night, all.

5 comments:

Anniesue said...

I'm glad you were not more injured. Hope you heal soon!

The Big Man's boss gave us some deer meat. It's in our freezer. I have no idea what to do with it. Any suggestions?

Emily said...

Glad to hear you have recovered from the accident and things are well with you!! Of course you are always in our prayers!!
The boys and I received your package tonight. Q & W were sooo excited!! W walked around pulling the sucker from his mouth saying "From Aunt 'Sina" for the rest of the evening. Q was just bouncing off the walls. And the pictures are gorgeous!! Thanks so much!

J-Lynn said...

Sorry to hear about your accident! Oooooh on the deer. Hope the stinky cheaters don't get him. :-(

Sorry about your Republican party too, that really stinks - we have a pretty good one here. I can't believe you can't even get a sign.

I will be praying for you like you asked.

Jess

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness - your days haven't been uneventful in the least. So glad you're recovering from the accident - how awful!

Sounds like you're itchin' to get that buck lol, good luck with that!

As for those floors, I hope that works out. I'm sure you'll photograph them for us to see if it does. I dream of hard floors in our house, carpet is well....blech!

As for your "major change", praying that it turns out positive as well :o)

Thom said...

Thanks for the prayers, folks. I really appreciate it!