Sunday, September 06, 2009

Brandie and Robbie

It was dumping buckets of rain when I got up that morning. As I was packing up my equipment, I had to use an umbrella. There was no sign of it letting up and the reception was scheduled to be outside. Uh-oh.

When I arrived at the church, folks were bustling about busily adding the last minute decorations and getting the food ready under the large tents in the church yard...all under a steady, wet drizzle. But nobody allowed it to dampen their spirits. It was Brandie and Robbie's special day and the show must go on!!

I drove to the MOB's house and stole a few pictures of the bride putting on the finishing touches: just the right shade of lipstick, a few sprays of perfume (Escape--I LOVE that fragrance!) and she was perfect!

As I zoomed back over to the church, the drizzle had slowed to a light mist and I thought I was detecting a thinning in the clouds. Might we end up with a sunny day for the event, after all? My fingers were crossed!

Friends and family happily packed in to the tiny, historic church in the country to celebrate the happy event. The ceremony was lovely, interlaced with dashes of bright, cheerful yellows and whites.

By the time the recessional ended, the sun was breaking through the clouds and blue skies were peaking out. Perfect timing for the reception!! Everyone flocked to the tent and enjoyed delicious, home cooked food and lively conversation as congratulations flooded in for the happy newlyweds.

Close family ties were evident throughout the day. Lots of smiles, hugs, tears of joy and bird seed fights (LOL!) made it a memorable occasion for everyone lucky enough to have been a part of it all. And that includes their humble photographer ;0)

Here are just a few of the pretty pictures from the day:

IMG_9891
Applying the final touches

IMG_9935
A handsome groom

IMG_0017

IMG_0008

IMG_9925

IMG_9970
Such a beautiful smile..she's glowing!

IMG_0248

IMG_0388

IMG_0193
Brandie and her sister Crystal who happens to be THE very best dogsitter in the universe

IMG_0234

IMG_0296
I absolutely LOVE this one!



Congratulations, Brandie and Robbie and all of your friends and family!! I wish you many years of happy companionship and shared love. May the sun always shine on your marriage :-)
Thank you for allowing me to play a small part in your joyful day!

No comments: