Saturday, February 09, 2008

HELP!!! Decor Decisions

Possibly the most difficult thing I've dealt with in trying to get the studio finished has been trying to decide on the interior design. I drove my self half-batty attempting to find the PERFECT paint color. Well, the walls are now painted (and I'm okay with it--not thrilled, but it works) and the next phase of maddening decisions is upon me. Which images to hang on the walls?! And how should they be presented?? Framed? On canvas? behind glass? as gallery wraps?? AAHHHHH!!!!!

Here are a just few images I'm leaning towards. I would appreciate any constructive criticisms from readers. Should I put it on the wall? No? Yes? Be honest, now. I have an enormous library of pictures from which to choose so it's not like I don't have other choices. I could really use some input, folks!!

Thanks SO much for visiting!!! :0)

VU4R7278 copy

VU4R1621

VU4R0293

16x22 copy

VU4R6210

VU4R0878

VU4R2817

fairy

VU4R2718C

HEATH~21 copy

20x24flwr copy

10 comments:

Emily said...

My favorite ones shown are #2 5 & 9. That little girl's eyes are just too pretty!!
As for how they are displayed I am of no help.
I would consider where most of your business comes from (weddings, portraits etc.) and maybe be a little heavy on displaying those types of pics.

Also, I remember a pic of some groomsmen you took one time all walking toward you kind of casual like, that has always been one of my favorites! Wish I had one like that from my wedding :)

Anonymous said...

I really like #'s 3,5,8,9,& 11. I especially like the background in # 5. Numbers 8,9 & 11 show your expertise in photography other than weddings. Actually, I don't recall ever seeing a bad picture that was taken by you. You,ve got the eye for it, and it shows in all your work. I know you want the studio to look perfect, but, don't fret too much over it. Your work is fantastic. All of it. Love, Mom

Emily said...

Yeah, Mom is right. Put some pictures on the wall and get to it. They are all good. Plus, no matter what you put up you will end up changing it at some point to keep things fresh.

Just the Four of Us said...

I know I don't usually comment - but I do have to say that 3,6,7,8,9 and 11 are my favorites...however, to repeat your mom and Em - ALL your work is great! Good luck with the new studio!
Camm

Dy said...

Oh, right. Like I can pick. I'm w/ Mom. Get them up and enjoy the progress. You can always switch out pictures later if the space "speaks" to you and asks for something different, kwim?

BTW, I'm really excited for you in doing this project! Congratulations!

Dy

melissa said...

Hey! Did y'all see that it was Savannah in the fairy picture? I LOVE that picture. Anyway, I like 2,3,7,8,9 and 11 the most. But I am sure that it will end revolving a lot. Really beautiful pictures.

Dy said...

I thought you were blogging again. That -ing ending indicates an ongoing activity, doesn't it? ;-)

Thinking of you!
Dy

Bridget said...

I love all of them and I thought the fairy was Savannah. They are all so beautiful. Where were you when I got married? Oh, yeah, that's right you were still in high school. Oh well I'm sure which ever pictures you decide to display they will be perfect.

Thom said...

Thanks SO much for all of the input, everyone!! It really helps. Decor is NOT my strong suit and I really appreciate all of the help that I can get!

Thom said...

And, Camm, you are VERY welcome to comment anytime! Thanks for stopping by!!:0)