Sunday, June 10, 2007

Where I've been

About a month and a half ago, I bent over to blow dry my hair and someone jammed a knife into my back and twisted it. A stiff-necked, emergency trip to the chiropractor clued me in on the fact that there was not, in fact, a dagger sticking out of my spine. Apparently, I had about a zillion severely pinched nerves and cramping muscles as a result of a body surfing incident a couple of years back. Who knew? Crazy.

Anyway, long story short, I spent most of the last 6 weeks being completely sedentary. No exercising, very little outdoor work, no hiking, etc. My only real activity was the portriat work and weddings I had to shoot during that and I relied heavily upon ibuprofen and my assistants to get them done. God bless them both!!

After a whole slew of Dr's visits and such, I'm finally able to get back to an active lifestyle. This has put me seriously behind on the whole beach-body-by-summer goal. SERIOUSLY. But I'm back on the wagon. Workout hard and eat right. Firm and tan by beach time. It CAN be done!! :0)

This is my busiest summer, to date. Weddings and portraits and such are filling my calendar. It's really making me chomp at the bit to get into a bigger studio so I can capitalize on the return business when it comes.

I've found a little spot of land that I like. About 8 acres out in the country with a killer mountain view. It's gorgeous. I'm in the process of asking questions---will it perk, any restrictions to building, etc. We'll see!

My vegetable garden is just lovely. I doubled it's size from last year and I'm almost wishing I'd made it a little bigger, still. I'll be enjoying my first FRESH green salad this evening. With a low cal dressing, of course!

I've started working on some posts about growing up on the farm. So, I should have a little more in the way of interesting/entertaining subject matter to divert my ever-faithful readers in the next few days.

Thanks for stoppin' by to read my stuff! :0)

4 comments:

Bridget said...

Yea!!!! You're back, I'm glad to hear that you are doing better. There is nothing worse than there being something wrong with your back. Congratulations on all the work and good luck on the land.

melissa said...

Glad that you're back and glad about your back.

Now we have to kick our gettin' old hineys into gear workin-out and getting strong so that our hips don't go out on us.
!!

J-Lynn said...

Glad you're back, sorry about your incident! It's crazy how fragile we are sometimes.

OK - you've inspired me to get back on track as well with eating/exercising. We should vow to e-mail bathing suit pictures by August 1st. LOL

Thom said...

Having to send someone a picture of myself in a bathing suit??!! Now THAT is enough to scare my tail into shape, LOL!!